New Ideal Vogue 40kw combi problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Ideal Vogue 40kw combi problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have been fitting an Ideal Vogue 40kw combi today
When it came to commissioning I was getting 667 co ppm and a ratio of 0.0064
Anyone else had any problems?
What are the chances of Ideal coming out on a Saturday?

Not had nothing like that but ideals I'm just not convinced about there build quality, I've had couple issues with new logic +,s was all your gas pressures ,pipe sizing and flue termination ok.

Flue problem? Phone early enough and Probably they would be out soonish as it's there flagship boiler.

The flue is good, I took it apart and rechecked
Inlet pressure is a little low at 17. upgrading is the next job

Chances are unless short pipe run u may need inch pipe as the 40kw is a guzzler of over 4m3hr

What was the working pressure? I've been having to use 28mm pipe loads lately just because of gutsy brutes and some are in standard ex council houses just with pipe run exceeding 22mm

Chances are unless short pipe run u may need inch pipe as the 40kw is a guzzler of over 4m3hr
Agreed. It should work as low as 14mb though according to the MI's.
Not saying it right or I would leave it like that but I have left them without hot water and heating over night. Lucky it summer.

If your only getting low 17inlet then I'd say the working pressure be too low,

What was the working pressure? I've been having to use 28mm pipe loads lately just because of gutsy brutes and some are in standard ex council houses just with pipe run exceeding 22mm
19 working pressure at the meter
17 at the gas inlet test point

Did u check working pressure at test point at the boiler Scott?

Yeah, the test nipple under the gas valve on the boiler was giving 17mb

Did u gas rate as this would've proved enough gas

Do ideal test every boiler or every few as had few ideals that had no signs of being tested in house??

Haven't worked on these, but I'm guessing the CO2 % is higher than it should be? Is there no way of adjusting it down on the gas valve?

In factory i mean soz

Gas rate was spot on, Its possible my analyser had a brain fart.
Going back tomorrow to try again.

Fitted loads of logics but no vogues but surely you can adjust it, if Co is high then so will your co2 if ratio is on, ideals come preset this is why im wondering about pipe size and pressures, unless airways or flue,,

Soz if some words don't make sense as this tablet I'm using is predictive text in and it's doin my head in,

My analyser was brain farming tonight big time , i was using it to do a tightness test and was dropping like a stone , it was a gas hob i fitted and i thought it was something i done until i used water gauge and no drop, thank god

Hopefully Ermintrude and Roger welton will look at the thread. I believe they have fitted a few Vogues

I cant see 17mb inlet causing a massive issue with the ratio. Call out Ideal and get them to sort it.

Hopefully Ermintrude and Roger welton will look at the thread. I believe they have fitted a few Vogues

Don't think there's anything that the great erm hasnt fitted

I know you probably did, but you let it run for a good while before taking reading? I know the Logics run at about 0.0012 from memory, just wondering if it was newness burning off?

I know you probably did, but you let it run for a good while before taking reading? I know the Logics run at about 0.0012 from memory, just wondering if it was newness burning off?
Good thinking but I had left it on low for a few hours to circulate with the cleaner and manacleanse

Just seen this thread, @Bagsy had a similar issue, ideal came out and replace the injector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Its up to you, I am perfactly happy with 6LPM...
Replies
Views
No, decided to go for Viessmann Vitodens 100-W...
Replies
Views
C
Nobody seems to know what this is based on, if...
Replies
Views
Hi, From my experience, ESI controls are...
Replies
Views
Back