new pump on hot water | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss new pump on hot water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

M

MP plumb

is there any thing out there that works like a floor standing booster pump for hot water that is just like a heating pump that i can install as an in-line pump off of a hot water cylinder?
something that i can run off/with a cable from a cylinder stat as long as it spurred?

it makes a difference at this job! i know what you mean, but your suggesting then, that the water has to go down to the cylinder, then back up to the pipe feeding the bathroom, which is just below the tank,then all the way along the loft, POSSIBLY back falling ( i cant see the barrel under all the new panty 100mm thich insualtion), until it finally drops back down to feed the bathroom.... i know the theory, but not sure its working well with this system

You measure the head from the header water level to the tap outlet claireplumb it doesn't matter what path the pipes take :)

Ah right I thought if the pipe work went back up to the water level of the cwsc then regardless of where it goes after that the pressure on the outlet would be negative
imagegif

it makes a difference at this job! i know what you mean, but your suggesting then, that the water has to go down to the cylinder, then back up to the pipe feeding the bathroom, which is just below the tank,then all the way along the loft, POSSIBLY back falling ( i cant see the barrel under all the new panty 100mm thich insualtion), until it finally drops back down to feed the bathroom.... i know the theory, but not sure its working well with this system

From what you're describing it sounds more likely that you have a physical restriction of some kind reducing the flow to the bath clairplumb. The head (pressure) behind it remains from the tap to the header not from the water level to the highest point!

we spoke about possibly running new pipes, to get rid of the old barrell.

how can there be any pressure behind it when the pipe goes back up along then back down? there is pressure untill it reaches the level of the cold tank.....

:s

Ah right I thought if the pipe work went back up to the water level of the cwsc then regardless of where it goes after that the pressure on the outlet would be negative
imagegif

The way I look at it mikegas is how syphonic action occurs when you can actually take a hose pipe above the 'head' of water and still get quite a pressure out depending on how many floors you traipse the hose down to a drain :) Gravity does the work. However if the custard closes the door on the hose then it can end up a trickle, Bit like a blockage yeh :)

The way I look at it mikegas is how syphonic action occurs when you can actually take a hose pipe above the 'head' of water and still get quite a pressure out depending on how many floors you traipse the hose down to a drain :) Gravity does the work. However if the custard closes the door on the hose then it can end up a trickle, Bit like a blockage yeh :)

Yeah makes sense now :) cheers

ststem3, thats what i say still...' so, dad, in the olden days, u know when u used to wear those platforms...!!! i'll tell u tho, im sure every one will say the same but my dad knows every thin bout anything, one of those goodens, ask him any thing random about anthing and he knows it.. not a massive amount about plumbing tho, but maybe he just relies on me bout that.eek!(pressure!) athough im proud to say, hes a chippi by trade but has his own lil plumbing kit!

so ur hu hum, 54, highly creative, a feeling type,motivated, very skilled, u are most happy when u follw ur dreams:whilst including other dreams.... and.... drum roll....... ur KEY word is.... du dun duuuuuuu....'I IMAGINE'.

WOW!

yer, can u tell i just read this up and took what i wanted from it?!

when im cold i type like i have a stutter! sozzzzzz! i will let myself beleive that it was such a big copper ring that the postman decided to take it for himself, since it was worth ur 3 month pay cheque (as meant to be), hey?!

tomorrow for me bring a 5 day weekend thanks to the hols :) ive pushed my work foward for next week since it aint urgent, lovely jubly.

good luck tomorrow,let me know how it goes. muchous lovous x

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There are 2 ways to know a pump has failed. 1/...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A very rough calculation maybe using a UPS 3...
Replies
Views
  • Question
hi have been a plumber for 50 years this month...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That’s good, we’ll persevered! Let us know...
Replies
Views
Back