New Radiator getting hot from hot water heating | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Radiator getting hot from hot water heating in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,
I had a new boiler fitted and while the plumber was here they fitted two new isolation valves in my airing cupboard so I could easily connect a new radiator in the extension I am building.
Well I have fitted the radiator and all seemed fine until I realised that the radiator also gets warm when the hot water is heating up, I have a combi boiler with a unvented hot water tank in the airing cupboard.
I have attached a photo and put arrows to the new valves.
Hope someone can see a issue and if there is a easy fix or if it will cause issues if left. Thanks
IMG_20180310_215552.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

There should be 2 motorised valves on the primary flow to the cylinder. One is wired up via a enrgy cutout to prevent the hot water reaching over 85°c

Only if a 3 port is used no need when it's a 2 port

G3 states that there should be at least one 2 port connected via the energy cutout including 3 port valves be it flow share or hot water priority

Yes that's only for 3 port valves no need when it's an s plan system

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am glad that you got rid of the smell :)
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'd want one of the valves on the radiator to...
Replies
Views
Back