New tool - Fluxuator | Plumbing Tools | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New tool - Fluxuator in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

It is indeed powerflow flux. As I say, Dad always used it, and always applied with finger. No need to change something, works for me.

La-Co is supposed to be fairly benign, although one should avoid skin contact by using gloves.

Powerflow is downright nasty if you get it in your eyes so getting on your fingers is asking for trouble.

Eye-protection is a big thing for me; few things are more life-changing that losing your sight.

La-Co is supposed to be fairly benign, although one should avoid skin contact by using gloves.

Powerflow is downright nasty if you get it in your eyes so getting on your fingers is asking for trouble.

Eye-protection is a big thing for me; few things are more life-changing that losing your sight.

Don't like La-Co. Used to use it at college as an apprentice. Turned my clothes red... shouldn't have been wiping my finger down my top i guess. And again, don't like it down to personal preference and on what I have used from word go. Many use it and love it I know.

I have Everflux go in my eye on site a month or so ago. Was supplied on site so thought id use it instead of using my own. Soldering in a tight spot above me and that went in my eye. Spent 20 minutes under the hose. That stuff seems to spit a little.

You're right. Sight is something i'd hate to lose. A mate of mine had a potatoe thrown at him out of a moving car one year, blinded him in 1 eye. He's a builder. Plods on & doesn't moan, but I bet it gets to him time to time.

In principle it's a good idea. I dislike greasy flux brushes in my hot box. I dislike not always having somewhere clean to put my brush and getting dirt on it. I dislike the fact that a roll of solder makes an excellent flux holder until you need to solder. I dislike the fact that any length of brush is a compromise between too long and too short and the fact that I bought some proper brushes from Plumbase and then realised I got on better with my artists brush.

But I think this is too expensive and too complicated a solution.

IF there were a free trial period, I might be tempted.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
  • Question
Just use a compression elbow, we wont tell.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Never did try to scare the OP Ric! But I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Those LCD panels look spot on and better than...
Replies
Views
Back