New Worcester compact boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Worcester compact boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I noticed today when fitting new Worcester compact that the servicing instructions now say gas valve has no adjustment, and if the co2 levels are out on annual servicing then a replacement gas valve is needed!!!

The gas valve still looks to have min & max adjustment screws, but I am wondering why we are no longer allowed to adjust them! Is this the way all new boilers are going now? Or have there been cases of boilers being adjusted incorrectly & causing masses of co2???

Every worcester I seem to go to seems to need setting up may just be the chaps slinging them in down here but worc seem worse than any other brand for this.

wont effect the installation or the customer for 5-7 years tbh.

i think the jig on these boilers is carp tho.

i agree about the jig! Sliced my knuckle open on the razor sharp jig! Not done that for a long time on a Worcester boiler jig with there previous line up!

Every worcester I seem to go to seems to need setting up may just be the chaps slinging them in down here but worc seem worse than any other brand for this.
totally agree, seen co2 at 11% on some at high flame

I wonder if the inner workings of the adjustable valves mean that settings are more likely to go out of range? I find the non adjustable valves on the Isar for example always give a good reading. It would be interesting to see which valve they have switched to.

I wonder if the inner workings of the adjustable valves mean that settings are more likely to go out of range? I find the non adjustable valves on the Isar for example always give a good reading. It would be interesting to see which valve they have switched to.

I think ur a liar........ A working isar? Ha ha ha

Ha Ha. A new pcb and they usually work long enough to fga, jump in the van and drive off.

taking the casing off when you take the boiler out of the box is fun if you remove the paking piece the hnge snaps. plastic rtn pipe at back looks like a week point

taking the casing off when you take the boiler out of the box is fun if you remove the paking piece the hnge snaps. plastic rtn pipe at back looks like a week point

Yeah there seems to be a list of instructions on how to remove casing, and then there's that darn drop down fascia malarkey!

Yeah there seems to be a list of instructions on how to remove casing, and then there's that darn drop down fascia malarkey!

that's what breaks if you remove without the packing the facia hinge

Fitted my first Compact last week. Not impressed. New cover is fiddly and annoying, and plastic, plastic everywhere. There is even a cardboard protective surround on the back to protect the plastic parts. Don't like the frame. I generally fit CDi Classics so hopefully won't have to fit one very often.

Get used it, as the new Si is same boiler without modulating pump, all faults inc flap design fed back by many installers already

Fitted my first Compact last week. Not impressed. New cover is fiddly and annoying, and plastic, plastic everywhere. There is even a cardboard protective surround on the back to protect the plastic parts. Don't like the frame. I generally fit CDi Classics so hopefully won't have to fit one very often.

yeah, I got all excited about the compact, but it seems the compact size has made other things awkward! Im defs prefer the cdi classic, I just don't like lifting them on the wall. So was hoping the compact would be better! That case is a pain in the arse. Too many screws again! Worcester need to put the easy cdi classic type case on all there boilers!!!!!! None of this fold fascia into service position with crappy hinges, 2 screws, fit case, lift up, 2 more screws! Omg..

Does anyone know if the cdi compact is any better? Or is it the same as the si compact?

yeah, I got all excited about the compact, but it seems the compact size has made other things awkward! Im defs prefer the cdi classic, I just don't like lifting them on the wall. So was hoping the compact would be better! That case is a pain in the arse. Too many screws again! Worcester need to put the easy cdi classic type case on all there boilers!!!!!! None of this fold fascia into service position with crappy hinges, 2 screws, fit case, lift up, 2 more screws! Omg..

Does anyone know if the cdi compact is any better? Or is it the same as the si compact?
See above pal

Get used it, as the new Si is same boiler without modulating pump, all faults inc flap design fed back by many installers already

After all the hype, about the "revolution" I'm surprised they released it.

Im not sure why they had to bring out this compact model? The old si was already the smallest on market, and plenty small enough for replacement market... I would have preferred the kept old si jig & dimensions and made is more installer friendly! Easier case, move h exchange & prv to front etc... I don't think we need tiny compact boilers...

After all the hype, about the "revolution" I'm surprised they released it.

Im not sure why they had to bring out this compact model? The old si was already the smallest on market, and plenty small enough for replacement market... I would have preferred the kept old si jig & dimensions and made is more installer friendly! Easier case, move h exchange & prv to front etc... I don't think we need tiny compact boilers...
I agree, I fit cdi classics if budget and space allows, junior now same as old Si has DHW control etc, 24 & 28 kw as before

I agree, I fit cdi classics if budget and space allows, junior now same as old Si has DHW control etc, 24 & 28 kw as before

we don't get 5 years guarantee as standard on I juniors tho, so although its the same as old si, Worcester now give just the 2 years I believe... Does not make sense! Just give 5 years on them all Worcester !

we don't get 5 years guarantee as standard on I juniors tho, so although its the same as old si, Worcester now give just the 2 years I believe... Does not make sense! Just give 5 years on them all Worcester !

According to rep, Worcester got sick of their boilers being thrown in by Tom dick nd Harry. Everyone was approved installer and chimps used wb as a kudos tool . Custards thought cowboys were the daddy if they fitted wb. ..... Wb picked up the can for 5 years including 7000 calls regarding frozen 21.5mm external condensate . Filthy systems and just shoddy jobs. Think u can get 5 years but isn't it extra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I also thought it was 10:1, for the 4000 and...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
So you don’t have any of the blending valves /...
Replies
Views
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Back