Newly gas safe advice please | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Newly gas safe advice please in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would service the boiler eg fga test Gas rate it etc
There was supposed to be a 26 and (9) in between your and check in my post but missed it out. These should be done anytime a GSR does anything to a boiler itself as a minimum mate. (In my eyes). You are the last man there In a court of law

There was supposed to be a 26 and (9) in between your and check in my post but missed it out. These should be done anytime a GSR does anything to a boiler itself as a minimum mate. (In my eyes). You are the last man there In a court of law

Yea but it says

1. (a) the effectiveness of any flue;

2. (b) the supply of combustion air;

3. (c) its operating pressure or heat input or, where necessary, both;

4. (d) its operation so as to ensure its safe functioning,

So in short a service every time you remove the case, can understand on a positive pressure boiler yes fair enough, but on a room sealed it's a bit much for changing a let's say prv

Yea but it says

1. (a) the effectiveness of any flue;

2. (b) the supply of combustion air;

3. (c) its operating pressure or heat input or, where necessary, both;

4. (d) its operation so as to ensure its safe functioning,

So in short a service every time you remove the case, can understand on a positive pressure boiler yes fair enough, but on a room sealed it's a bit much for changing a let's say prv
I understand your point mate but yes on most I do. But I don't class that as a service. As not been cleaned out.

If you take the case of a new vaillant for example you should be doing all your check. The PRV is behind the case seal and only a GSR can say that the seal is safe.

Agreed, the moment you take the case off the boiler to work on it then you are responsible for the safety of the appliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Morning All. We have a gas safe inspection...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
My approach to everyone is that there looks to...
Replies
Views
Gas Safe Engineers, you can now get an amazing...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Thanks DuncanM, really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Back