No filling loop and red expansion vessel installed. How to represurrize heating? | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No filling loop and red expansion vessel installed. How to represurrize heating? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

Looks like system is piped up in a way that will be hard to fill and be prone to air locks. No way to bled air from boiler return except on the compression joint. Feed and vent positions look wrong before pump but hard to see. I would repipe it or turn into a sealed system. I think you will keep getting problems as it is

There's a drain valve on the bypass circuit (with red valve set on 0,4 bar). Is that where it should be and to be used to remove air lock? Else there are two radiators on ground floor where similar drain valve is present. I used one of them to drain the system and not other.

I'm going to say it's your pump.
You said you've got f.22 error on a glowworm that's not low water pressure (that's f9) f.22 I believe without checking is low flow rate through boiler/boiler flow return temp differential wrong
I would start with the pump.

Edit just checked, f22 is described as low water pressure but that doesnt really apply to this boiler with your setup

Yep.. and that's the reason for this whole conversation that there was no filling loop to increase pressure. But now I know as this is open vented system, no need for pressure loop and pump is on the highest point already. F22 disappeared after resetting boiler twice, but many radiators were not getting hot.
Plumber advised to close TRV on radiators which are getting hot so water is pushed to other rads, which did a trick but still there are two rads (one on ground floor and other is towel rail where inhibitor was poured in) which are not getting hot at all and upon bleeding, cold water is coming out.

Not sure if there is air lock in the pipe as such which need to be vented out and how?

What do you mean pump is on the highest point?
I've had plenty of pumps that run okay but are sludged up so they are not pushing water round as much as they should, only way of telling is by removing the pump head.

You can try shutting all the rads off apart from the two that don't work that should force any air out, I find flicking the pump between speeds quite often clears airlocks too, also check that the lockshield side of the radiator is open on the two that don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
...cos it's a perfectly serviceable boiler...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Back