no meter | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss no meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

pl1

hi working in void property external meter only aecv inside test on boiler permisable drop nil i think any thoughts ta

i dont really understand what your question is. Can you explain it a bit better?

Are talking about tightness test permisable drop? As APPlumbing says what is your quaestion?

hi app sorry doing tightness test on boiler inlet as no meter in property no access to meter outside sure no drop allowed other engineer unsure

I don't know how you do tightness test on boiler inlet, test point shall be located downstream of each emergency control valve to facilitate tightness test. You are not just checking boiler, it is to check full gas pipe work and appliances and emergency control valve.

why is there no access to meter? You shouldnt do anything untill there is access to the meter imho.

I take it there is no primary meter in place.
What works are you doing? CP12 install etc?
I have had this before, and have a bridging pipe to allow me to do a tt.
Obviously no meter, so you cant gas rate etc.
Bit more info needed perhaps.

I made up a test tee and use that and air to test the installation when there is no meter fitted.
Under these circumstances I would not allow any drop even if there were appliances connected as a 'permissible drop' is only allowable if there is no smell of gas and of course your not using gas for the test so there couldn't be a smell.
MM

i may have the wrong end of the stick here but how are you going to test the pipework between the meter and the aecv if you cant access the meter?

no were testing aecv and pipework inproperty plus appliances sorry not explaining myself very good

if your doing a tightness test then you will want to test all the pipework not just the internal part. if you cant access the meter then how can the tennant or the grid?

Ok, I'm in Friday night stupid mode. WTH is an AACV?
IMHO if you can't be satisfied with the results of your inspection then it must be a FAIL.
MM

I remembered this bit from Essential Gas Safety. Not sure that it totally applies to your situation, so I'll leave you to interpret that:

When testing existing installations that have an emergency control valve fitted, but there is no gas meter e.g. in an individual flat supplied through a communal (primary) meter, apply the permissible pressure drop value for an E6 gas meter. This is appropriate as the installation pipework volume downstream of that valve will normally be minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
A groundworker will normally do the whole...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ha easier said than done cutting back to...
Replies
Views
N
Thank you all. The wording was ambiguous in...
Replies
Views
Northgan
N
The boiler is just responding by limiting the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
Back