No Water from the Boiler poblem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No Water from the Boiler poblem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haydn

Hi,

I hope someone can help out with this one...

I have an Ideal Mexico Super 2 boiler which is on a straight forward open system with header tank. The system only does heating the hot water is on a totaly seperate system.

I've had a problem over the last month were the heating would suddenly stop and in most cases it would be a case of bleeding the pump and away it would go again, however a few days ago this happened and the pump was knackered .

I now have a new pump on the system but no water flow, before the pump was fitted you could turn on the outlet tap and nothing would come through.

I checked the header tank and also cleaned it out of any sludge etc..... because there is another boiler in the property I know that the flow from the header tank is ok because it also feeds this one.

I checked that the flow from the header tank is ok by releasing the conection to the boiler and there is a good flow.

The problem is somewhere between the boiler and the pump, given the the water feed out of the boiler to the pump is very short it seems unlikley that it's in that pipe so it looks like something with the boiler.

Any suggestions as to what it could be and anything I can check further.

---Just to add , when the system is switched on the pump kicks in and the boiler fires up as normal, the boiler then goes off a few mins later and the flow out pipe is hot, but thats it, pump is dry etc... as mentioned above.

Thanks Shaun

Last edited by a moderator:
are you sure the pump valves have opened after changing it the gates sometimes snap of
unusual to have two boilers on one headertank are there two vents?

Last edited:
Steve,

Yes both pump valves are open either side, I actually opened and closesd them while the pump was off !, and watched the gates open and close.

Haydn,

I do not fully understand your last post:

"I actually opened and closesd them while the pump was off !, and watched the gates open and close."

How come you did not get wet feet?

I would suggest from what you say that there is no water in the system and the feed pipe between F/E tank is blocked.

If you drain heating system via a hose pipe to outside does the F/E start to fill?

David

Steve,

Yes both pump valves are open either side, I actually opened and closesd them while the pump was off !, and watched the gates open and close.
blocked cold feed usualy in the tee where it comes in or if its looped down and up itll be thereyou could try capping the vent and backfilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Very informative...........thx🙄
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Back