No Work on!!! | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No Work on!!! in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
For the first time for ages I find myself catching up with accounts, paperwork and stuff. A few boilers to service this week but other than that, NOTHING!!!

How is anyone else doing?

I was supposed to be on a boielr change with heating system refurb but the people decided to sell house so job was off. Big job in a fortnight. Fortunately Ive got a few silly little jobs to knock off which have been waiting for a while.

No work either and I'm loving it!! Done my accounts, had them signed off, done the tax return, mowed the lawn, chased a few invoices and looking forward to a holiday!!

Well up on last year and not panicking as I know I've more work lined up soon and a decent job in the autumn.

OK if you havent got bills coming in and little resources to pay them with. Summer holiday away looks like its not going to happen this year.

Couple of little things yesterday and today, but down to customer letting me know at last minute that her father was doing the tiling, full day tomorrow and starting next bathroom 2 days early on Thursday, she decided the full bathroom would be tiled now. Bits and pieces week after, two weeks hol, then four full bathroom refits, oil boiler change followed by a bathroom move and a bathroom creation.

been busy up till this week, phones only rang for people flooging me advertising and one custard who rang then rang back and said she had found someone cheaper!

got a gas fire to cap off tonight, a bathroom suite to do on thursday 2nd fix, first fix on a boiler swap tomorrow, finish it off on saturday probably after spark and joiner do their thing, got a price to give builder for a heating install in couple of weeks hopefully he accepts it :p ment to be starting BG contract work 2 weeks ago, last week, this week, so god knows when I will be lol

Spent the rest of the afternoon walking the dog round a nearby village handing out fliers and got 2 boiler services and a bathroom to do.

I'm really quiet, fortunately I sub-contract during the week and do my own stuff evenings/weekends - have been getting a couple of jobs a week normally but nothing apart from a gas cooker to cap in the last few weeks. If I relyed just on my private work then I would be screwed.

Been flat out for the last few weeks , boiler changes, fires, services and couple heating installs .Havepriced about 30 grands worth of work but worryingly not heard back saying anything is accepted so am expecting bubble to burst anytime soon ,,,,,, oh the joy of plumbing :confused:

I'm really quiet, fortunately I sub-contract during the week and do my own stuff evenings/weekends - have been getting a couple of jobs a week normally but nothing apart from a gas cooker to cap in the last few weeks. If I relyed just on my private work then I would be screwed.

I know what you mean, still waiting to start this subby work its taking forever but I've been fortunate to have got a compensation claim(£2800) to live off of which unfortunately is almost ran out so now I'm working just to cover the bills !!! and people are still trying to get into this industry because they think its easy to get work lol

I know what you mean, still waiting to start this subby work its taking forever but I've been fortunate to have got a compensation claim(£2800) to live off of which unfortunately is almost ran out so now I'm working just to cover the bills !!! and people are still trying to get into this industry because they think its easy to get work lol

i got about 20 text messages from an agency yesterday saying installers wanted in glasgow immediate start ,,,, not for me tho i'm in devon lol

ive been waiting to start inspection and surveying work for quite sometime now BG are taking ages !! was ment to be last month, last week, this week, now its probably going to be next week

ive been waiting to start inspection and surveying work for quite sometime now BG are taking ages !! was ment to be last month, last week, this week, now its probably going to be next week

Took me 9 weeks to start contracting to BG from my initial test until from first day. They do take their time but its good once you start.

I'm still waiting on that BG contract too. My work has steadily declined over the past month. This week Ive got a boiler change, two hobs and a repair. Time to look out the emergency can of spaghetti hoops I think. I've got sod all for the next couple of weeks.

Jeez.. Has it been that long GQuigley67????
I reckon ill give Darren a bell tomorrow and see what else he's got.

must be around 6 weeks anyway lol, I'm quite busy this week will be dead the next, will have some time to do the back of my van then if the weather is good lol. Just applied for Service and Repair Contract work aswell with Rig Energy since BG decided to give us 1/4 of what they promised with the inspection works

No work= mountain biking in the woods, 10am lay ins, lunch at my mums, happy Myles. It also = no money to pay the bills, they say your only 3 pay cheques from being homeless.

Similar plumbing topics

Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
Hi There Did you manage to get some work...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Depending on what size/type your existing rad...
Replies
Views
  • Question
£330 And tbh finding a good service engineer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning, he took it out from where it was...
Replies
Views
Back