Noisy Central Heating advice | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Noisy Central Heating advice in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

raisty

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post and that people don't mind my first post being a question.

My girlfriend and me have just moved in somewhere and the central heating just appears to be very noisy.

There is an ideal minimiser?? boiler in the garage and a hot water tank upstairs. The noise comes from the around the tank area upstairs. It is so loud that when it comes on in the morning it may as well be an alarm clock going off as we know we will get no more sleep. The noise is like a vibration noise and appears to be coming from the general area of the tank but may be coming from below. Even in other areas of the house you can here the noise constantly when the heating is on (even over the telly).

The heating appears to work ok apart from 1 radiator that doesn't appear to heat up as well as the others. I have bled all the radiators but this has made no difference.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions?
Is this likely to be just normal noise for this sort of set up or does it indicate a problem?
We are thinking of taking out the british gas homecare but will they be able to do anything if it is just noisy?

thanks for any help

It ould be air trapped in the system?? I'm not a plumber, but we had a similar problem and it was air trapped in the cylindar (or pump/ both? - can't remember now). I think you also need to check the pump is not set too high causing noise/ problems.

Hopefully someone who knows will be along soon :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Back