noisy pipes | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss noisy pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
Hi lads

Fitted a boiler last year open vented pot gold heat only.

customer called me today said there was a loud noise coming from the boiler.

upon inspection the boiler was ok but there was a noise akin to water hammer, put a screwdriver to the flow pipe and it was vibrating....

went upstairs vented rads- loads of air in most of them.

noise stopped and f& e was filling up and was full of water

thought all ok had a quick chat with customer

put case back on boiler and thought i'd check one last time- put heating back on
and sure enough same noise just not as loud

went back upstairs and there was air again in the rads upstairs.....

to me its pulling air but the cold feed can't be blocked as the rads vented fine.....

any ideas

cheers

How are the cold feed and vent connected and where is the pump in relation to them...You can have a partial blockage between the feed and vent and depending where the pump is it can pull air down the vent. Just a thought..

Check for baked sludge build up around the neutral point on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Sounds like you’ve gone from low pressure to...
Replies
Views
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Photos of the cylinder which is located in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
Back