non condensing high efficiency boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss non condensing high efficiency boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things designed to be used in hotter countries don't often do well in our weather !

( Not a GSR pro ) but daft enough to drive Citroen !

Things designed to be used in hotter countries don't often do well in our weather !

( Not a GSR pro ) but daft enough to drive Citroen !
QUOTE=zzzjim;370668]Things designed to be used in hotter countries don't often do well in our weather !

( Not a GSR pro ) but daft enough to drive Citroen ![/QUOTE]
Hi zzz jiim
Have you ever been to northeast Italy between mid December and mid February?
The weather there is very stationary, that region is not exposed to north because is protected by the Alps but is open to east that mean to the Balkans and Russia there are weeks and weeks of fog and frost and Ice it is normal to get temperature of -10 -15 at night, you will see the sun at 11am and already gone by 15 due to freezing fog so thick that you can bump on a person.
When the easterly wind blows is like a razor cutting you ears. I remember as a little boy walking on the Venice lagoon.
The summer now is very hot almost tropical these days
I am also now driving a Citroen, when I was working I always had BMW as company car.
Regards

You people so called professionals failed to help me to take a decision based on pure technical ground.
You want to talk technical? What do you make of 109 degC? At what temperature do you expect water to condense? How does the boiler make sure that the flue gas temperature does not fall below 100 degC or what ever it is in your place?
And if how does it cope with condensate?
Has the efficiency been calculated against HuB or HoB if it is european? There are two different efficiencies avalaible. One includes the amount of heat gained from condensation and one does not.

Edit: if someone knows the italian equivalent for HuB and HoB please come forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like if I will get this boiler installed I will be shot.
GasMan reckon that it is a heaplike. what does it mean? is it a technical term? maybe a new efficiency classification. Thank you Gas Man for your professional opinion but you never answer the asked question.
As well can't understand what vern mean ????
You people so called professionals failed to help me to take a decision based on pure technical ground. I am frightened to death as I know that Gas Man is in posses of an Axe , you convinced me I WON'T HAVE THIS BOILER FITTED.
Suggest me one good boiler which will last a long time even if it is made with a lot of expensive plastic, and I will be able to find lots of parts for the yearly repairs, and lots of powerflushing.
Thank you for all the help
been in this game along time,the boiler your suggesting as i pointed out looks heap like as in a load of tat i might be wrong but unless you can speak italian and know you will get spares in the future why bother? if your looking at a shortcut by putting a new boiler in to a sludged up system your asking way to much do yourself a favour and get it done properly and overhaul the lot

why bother?

Probably because of this post from earlier this year picked up by Simon earlier.

ggman said:
I know the boiler that will suit your system, THE TUBE HEAT EXCHANGER IS MADE IN COPPER, 6 TUBE LONG 60 cm, the DHW heath exchanger is a long serpentine of copper and it is always wet by the boiler hot water, les complications as there is not any complicated and fault prone 3 ways valve, there is only a flow switch when there is DHW request the electronic stops the pump and will give the max power to the burner. Simple isn't it?
These boilers last longer my brother in Italy had one that still running efficiently after 25 years.
I am trying to import them, the manufacturer stated that they are particularly suitable for old system iron pipes and cast iron rads.
Here the link of the website [DLMURL]http://www.mcncaldaie.com/BLUCOND.pdf[/DLMURL] the blucond is actually a condensing boiler, but there are other models, if you're interested I will help you with translations cos the website is only in Italian.
Regards
ggman

my emphasis, and the answer to your question. Good spot Simon.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOULD ONLY BE EFFICIENT ON INITIAL HEAt up once up to temp where would the efficiency go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

When replacing an old Certikin 180 oil pool...
Replies
Views
P
I am having a new system boiler to replace...
Replies
Views
Podengo
P
Have to do it someday and it make sense for...
Replies
Views
You've already spent thousands on a new boiler...
Replies
Views
Back