Non Gas Safe & Boilers | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Non Gas Safe & Boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
An electrician can not open a boiler if its case forms part of the combustion seals. Ive lost count the number of cases ive seen not fitted back on correctly by electricians, maybe this needs addressing by the competent persons scheme's for sparkys. extract fans and open flues should be addressed aswell.

No sensible gas safe engineer would knowingly connect the gas and sign off a boiler fitted my a non competent person. Thoses that do are complete idiots and hopefully will get found out and removed from the gas safe register and more.

If your signing to say you have installed said appliance you are responsible for the screws holding the appliance on the wall and all other aspects of the installation. The only safe way to do this would be to uninstall the appliance and visually check the entire gas installation, i would charge more to do this than install the boiler in the first place.

All because you have seen "plumbers" fit boilers and an engineer sign them off does not make it correct, those companies that do this are breaking the law and doing the industry a dis-service.

Most of the boilers I ve come across domestic vallient ect there cases don t form part of the seal so in the main most spakys won t have to have a gse holding there hand while they take the case off.As for non gse fitting boilers in an ideal world everyone eould stick to the rules.the companys I know that operate like this have worked for the likes of taylor wimpey bovis and crest homes they are multi million pound firms that have done price work for over 30years for them.do you think they give a toss about the rules we don t live in a ideal world when cash is invovled.i know plenty of gas safe guys that are more than happy to sign off other "plumbers work" I personally see no harm in it at the end of the day who ever signs it off will take the responsibility for any outcome that happens.gas safe don t give dam all thry care about is screwing the people that give them there lively hood over.

Most of the boilers I ve come across domestic vallient ect there cases don t form part of the seal so in the main most spakys won t have to have a gse holding there hand while they take the case off.As for non gse fitting boilers in an ideal world everyone eould stick to the rules.the companys I know that operate like this have worked for the likes of taylor wimpey bovis and crest homes they are multi million pound firms that have done price work for over 30years for them.do you think they give a toss about the rules we don t live in a ideal world when cash is invovled.i know plenty of gas safe guys that are more than happy to sign off other "plumbers work" I personally see no harm in it at the end of the day who ever signs it off will take the responsibility for any outcome that happens.gas safe don t give dam all thry care about is screwing the people that give them there lively hood over.
Domestic Vaillant's outer case does form the room seal, it is the seal to the air box that ensures the boiler burns air drawn in through the flue and in the event of a burner door failure (not entirely unheard of) is the only thing holding back products of combustion from entering the home.
Mooey are you gsr?

Last edited:
Is mooey saying Vaillant boiler cases dont form part of the room seal? Pretty sure most of them and Worcesters up to 10 years old do. Frightening post.

Is mooey saying Vaillant boiler cases dont form part of the room seal? Pretty sure most of them and Worcesters up to 10 years old do. Frightening post.
Scary..... my thoughts exactly. No one competent to take a case off a boiler would say that about the case doors on those boilers.

Scary..... my thoughts exactly. No one competent to take a case off a boiler would say that about the case doors on those boilers.
You can only assume that if people can't physically see the burner and flames then it's ok to take the case off.

Is there a list anywhere or such like where I can find the boilers that have cases forming part of the seal? Or is it just refer to MI's each time?

Domestic Vaillant's outer case does form the room seal, it is the seal to the air box that ensures the boiler burns air drawn in through the flue and in the event of a burner door failure (not entirely unheard of) is the only thing holding back products of combustion from entering the home.
Mooey are you gsr?

Nope not at the moment.but have been in the past corgi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!
Replies
Views
Cadent can only guarantee 14mbar in periods of...
Replies
Views
D
Although, I believe, fitting your own boiler –...
Replies
Views
A bit late but what were the test results, did...
Replies
Views
Back