novembers mandatory questions for gsr,s | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss novembers mandatory questions for gsr,s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job im already in as i dont think i can acces the website anymore as im now empoloyed and my card is out of date regarding quals and i cant see any good reason to pay gas safe any more money seeing as they are getting paid twice for me

You can use the engineers login soon as you get your new card off your employer, Steve. Just need his reg number and your new license number.

[DLMURL]https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/EngineerLogin.aspx[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I still say we should use this sample question......

You're called to a caravan on a traveller's site where the occupants are complaining of headaches and dry mouths. You discover a blocked flue on the boiler.

Do you....

A. Clear the blockage and return the appliance to full working order?

B. Ventilate the area and remove the appliance from service?

C. Turn the appliance to maximum and close the door tightly behind you on your way out?

I still say we should use this sample question......

You're called to a caravan on a traveller's site where the occupants are complaining of headaches and dry mouths. You discover a blocked flue on the boiler.

Do you....

A. Clear the blockage and return the appliance to full working order?

B. Ventilate the area and remove the appliance from service?

C. Turn the appliance to maximum and close the door tightly behind you on your way out?

Im a traveller............. ;)
we always run it at maximum, free bottles of gas innit

I think you forgot option: D
Switch on the muck spreader that you drove up with.

you say intercomunicating 'DOORS' are you saying the 'door' between the two rooms or multiple doors? :)

hah hahrrr!.

so if the room with the appliance had 2 doors into the kitchen with the extractor in (mine has 3 actually) , how many tests would that be??

hmm? :)
the nearest door to the appliance

any takers for this then?

how many tests required, the room has been knocked through revealing 2 gas fires.....

VENTILATION TEST.jpg

Given that its now one room and the ventilation allowance is used up by one appliance I would carry out no test as your diagram does not show any additional ventilation. I would take that to be an immediate fail. Discuss

I suggest that you have a read of BS 5440-2. Specifically the commentary on 6.6.1 (c)

any takers for this then?

how many tests required, the room has been knocked through revealing 2 gas fires.....

View attachment 15532

Given that you haven't specified the type of fires it's not possible to give an answer. As neither fire appears to have a flue can we assume that they are fluelesss and therefore no spillage test is necessary. We would have to know the room volume and the output of the fires to check if the ventilation into the space were correct before carrying out a flue gas analysis and ambient air test.

theres always one aint thee.lol

assuming all is satisfactory to the imagination, the question is in spillage tests req, nothing else!!! :)

2x 7.5 kw o/f class1 if you like! 3kw fan and a dg window in a nice pink frame sash, door to kitchen!!

theres always one aint thee.lol

assuming all is satisfactory to the imagination, the question is in spillage tests req, nothing else!!! :)

2x 7.5 kw o/f class1 if you like! 3kw fan and a dg window in a nice pink frame sash, door to kitchen!!

Pink frame sash! is that what you wear on the weekends to go with the heels? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
By restriction I mean testing from a gas valve...
Replies
Views
Regulations for a fill pipe in a domestic...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Here's an attachment of the PDF if people are...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun & Ric, appreciate the response.
Replies
Views
Back