Nu-Heat Water Cylinder | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Nu-Heat Water Cylinder in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

J

john f

Hi All
I have underfloor heating system with rads upstairs run off a 210 L Energy Master2 Cylinder
The system was designed by Nu- Heat and was installed as per spec
The system has run for 3-4 years and has been most effective
However I think the cylinder is leaking I noticed a small plastic cap on top of the cylinder insulation cover had popped off and was wet
Today I noticed a small damp patch on the concrete at the bottom of the cylinder and I can smell the fernox
The unit is cylindrical with a flat top and bottom
I imagine the inner cylinder is leaking into the insulation ?
I called Nu-heat and because I have not had the anual service on the cylinder the manufacturer will not cover the unit
Therefore I will have to pay about £1000 plus installation costs
or will it be something less sinister (hoping !)
I havn'nt noticed any pressure loss over the two days though

Any Comments would be much appreciated

John F

Think you are jumping to conclusions thinking you need a new unit,do not think this is the case,you have saved fours years service charges,time now to spend on one and hopefully should can be able to be repaired at the same time.. with an extra charge ofcourse

Think you are jumping to conclusions thinking you need a new unit,do not think this is the case,you have saved fours years service charges,time now to spend on one and hopefully should can be able to be repaired at the same time.. with an extra charge ofcourse

Thank you for the reply
I,m afraid being a domestic property I didnt know I had to have it serviced I have always had the boiler serviced each year
However The unit has never been over 1.5 Bar and it has a 3 bar relief valve and a vent on the top all supplied by Nu-Heat so how could it fail with all of these safety measures
Nu- Heat say they will not help as they need service history but I can not find anything in my paperwork that insists on yearly tests
I will ask them to provide the paperwork supplied and addressed to me stating this service is required

John F

funny that, I do boiler services and some customers want their cyls all checked annually others think your taking the mick, so you cant win. However being that most things that fail are easily resolved I wonder if the annual service is worthwhile in monetary terms? some may feel not

I have found the fault !
As mentioned earlier, I in fact was jumping to conclusions
I had a leak from the spindle of a motorized valve that was dripping on top of the cylinder and running through a little plastic plug on the top that wasn't fully seated which in turn ran to the bottom of the cylinder

John F

John F

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
It looks like it has been leaking from within...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The user, installation and wiring...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Tbh it’s a must for horizontal cylinders as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
And it's fixed! Had someone move the EV from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Unfortunately I have! Twin immersion with a...
Replies
Views
Back