NVQ, C&G, EAL 6129, 6089 and 6129 Plumbing Quals | Plumbing Courses | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss NVQ, C&G, EAL 6129, 6089 and 6129 Plumbing Quals in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

Hi Fuzzy can u tell me if my NVQ is a full level as i can't find it on the city & guilds site. Its a NVQ level 2 in mechanical engineering services (Q1027228) 6019/03. I done a 2yr cousre at college and passed it in 2004. I was told back then that the course was to change in the following year. I'm guessing that it is a full NVQ as i now have blue CSCS card which you can't get without a full NVQ.

yes if its an nvq its a full qual

i have just completed c&g access to building services level 2 which in sep 11 i was told by the local college and c&g this was replaceing the 6129,now just been told as from sep12 the 6129 is being run again, as i understand it acording to the college the 6129 is way to show you have a basic know how of plumbing which will hopfully lead to employment as a trainee plumber working towards your nvq level 2,some off the units from the 6129 count towards your nvq,hope this is right anyway as it always seems to being changing,but that the info i have been told

Hi guys! I'm interested in becoming a plumber and I've been looking at doing a 6189 or 6129 college course. After I complete either the 6129 or 6189 roughly how long will it take to get an NVQ? How many on site assessments does it take to get an NVQ?

Hi Mikey88
You will not be able to complete the 6189 unless you are working in the trade !! as it is an NVQ. As far as how long the on site assessments take, well, that depends on lots of factors like what type of work you are doing as different things have to be seen (you can't just be fitting bathrooms for instants). Where your on-site assessor can get out & see you doing the required work. How quick you are at completing the required paperwork evident's, to name but a few. The real answer is that you would be expected to complete the NVQ within the course time table i.e if at college for two years for the level 2 then it will need to be completed before the September of year 2 to allow you to go onto to do level 3. I think officially you have up to 2 years after competing the college work side to complete the on the job assessments but your training agent may not allow / like this as they loss some of the funding.
Good luck
Get a job first if you can, when you reach 18 years the funding is cut from the government & you will have to start paying towards your training costs. !!!!!!

Hi Mikey88
You will not be able to complete the 6189 unless you are working in the trade !! as it is an NVQ. As far as how long the on site assessments take, well, that depends on lots of factors like what type of work you are doing as different things have to be seen (you can't just be fitting bathrooms for instants). Where your on-site assessor can get out & see you doing the required work. How quick you are at completing the required paperwork evident's, to name but a few. The real answer is that you would be expected to complete the NVQ within the course time table i.e if at college for two years for the level 2 then it will need to be completed before the September of year 2 to allow you to go onto to do level 3. I think officially you have up to 2 years after competing the college work side to complete the on the job assessments but your training agent may not allow / like this as they loss some of the funding.
Good luck
Get a job first if you can, when you reach 18 years the funding is cut from the government & you will have to start paying towards your training costs. !!!!!!

Are you sure I'd need an on site assessments to get the 6189? I thought that was just for the 6089 NVQ L2.

Hi Mikey88
Good luck

agreed

Anyone know what the difference is between:

• Level 3 6009 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering Services – Plumbing
  • Level 3 6019 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering Services – Plumbing
  • Level 3 6024 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering Serv. Plumbing (Oil)
  • Level 3 6089 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering Services – Plumbing
Ripped from JIB site if anyone's wondering

They're all accepted as the full qualification but do the last 2 digits represent which extra module you chose to do, such as unvented or water regs etc? Mine is the 6019 and I chose to do unvented, so what's 6009 and 6089?

Edit: Hang on, maybe it's a 6019 because I chose to do gas instead of oil? Anyone???

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

D
Re: From S.W London. Done Level 2 & 3 C&G 6128...
Replies
Views
Davidade
D
B
cheers again jase, I suppose where there's a...
Replies
Views
Blumper
B
G
thanks! im now enrolled and im now allowed to...
Replies
Views
gamage
G
M
Mario just stick at it. Jump at the chance to...
Replies
Views
M
Good morning folks I am writing to you...
Replies
Views
Marty32
M
Back