Oil burner over rides clock/timer | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oil burner over rides clock/timer in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonnystewart

Hi,

In my central heating system the oil burner seems to be over riding the clock/timer. The following is seen:

When the clock/timer is on (all 3 channels) and the thermostats in the house reach the required temperature, the motorised valves close as expected. However the oil burner does not stop and continues to burn.

Another scenario:

When the clock/timer is in standby the oil burner still burns and continues to do so until thermostat at boiler kicks in. Then it starts again when temperature falls.

In the above instances power should not be getting to the burner but it is.

I know I will have to get an electrician out, but am wondering has anybody seen an issue like this before and what the resolution was?

All feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Jonny

motorised valve is not shutting down properly, the orange wire is still getting power from the gry wire, replace the valve.

Very common problem. One of the motorised valves faulty - prob just the head of the valve faulty, so easy fix if brass part good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Wondering if the Pump is up to scratch?... 10m?
Replies
Views
Hi We suggest you get a qualified plumber in...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Your boiler may have its own internal by pass...
Replies
Views
Back