Old existing vulcan b/f boiler ,new kitchen ,whats vent requirements | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Old existing vulcan b/f boiler ,new kitchen ,whats vent requirements in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnjswozo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got to go and advise kit fitter,on some gas work ,but he,s mentioned a old vulcan (b/f)floor standing boiler in corner of kitchen they want to build a unit around,he,s asking vent requirements,
But in ref books i,ve got,cant see vent requirements for this set up,is it classed as a compartment,if a kit unit is
built around it,also whats the min distance for combustable materail to boiler casing.not seen job,but from picture he sent its an old un.cheers

Risk assessment - possible astbestos hazard? Check model with manufacturer or seek more advice on this, given the date of manufacture, probably being prior to 1980s

If the customer doesn't have a copy of the original MI's you may have trouble obtaining them. The boiler is around 35 years old. It will be classed as a compartment and will need high and low vents and the proper clearances around it for servicing etc.
Considering its age and that they are doing a new kitchen it would be a better idea to get the boiler swapped for a new one fitted in a different position.

cheers tamz,what wouild be min distance from boiler cover,casing to combustable surface,or do reckon he would have to line the units with fire board,the ventilation is only for cooling applaince

I haven't a clue what clearances it will require. You would need to get hold of the MI's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
Yes, I did see that the matter of putting Mag...
Replies
Views
You really need a professional to visit your...
Replies
Views
O
That's the point I was on about. It doesn't...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
D
Ok maybe that's not 100% accurate but at 50...
Replies
Views
Back