What would you guys price it for? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What would you guys price it for? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be annoyed that he went straight to my customer and not to me. I think if you are passing him the work and you were his contact for the work then he and the customer should be talking to you.

I would be annoyed that he went straight to my customer and not to me. I think if you are passing him the work and you were his contact for the work then he and the customer should be talking to you.

So you would add your fee ontop of his, and then cus pays you then you pay him

Also what happens if somthing goes wrong and you can't get hold of him, be down to you to fix it

So you would add your fee ontop of his, and then cus pays you then you pay him

Also what happens if somthing goes wrong and you can't get hold of him, be down to you to fix it

It would be more of a joint effort on the quote to allow us both to do the job. Yes I would happily take responsibility for the job in that situation. Its how he can start to grow his business. That's how I would be looking at it anyway. Out of respect I would always go back to my initial point of contact unless they tell me otherwise.

you cant take responsibility for any job involving gas, the name on the paperwork is the other guys and it is his bum on the line for any issues, no matter what you believe. As far as nicking your customers goes, you lost this one and he gained one, part of business,but ultimately he won't get any more from you. if you approach the customer and point out it is your job and you are both doing the work, do you believe the customer will see your side at having to pay for 2 when they have one person happy to do the work. As far as your pricing goes, far to low imho, if you are hacking out floors and removing units it takes time, your idea of 22mm gas runs may well be totally out and need 28mm, so you need to price up to ensure you can afford to do ther job in the first place

It would be more of a joint effort on the quote to allow us both to do the job. Yes I would happily take responsibility for the job in that situation. Its how he can start to grow his business. That's how I would be looking at it anyway. Out of respect I would always go back to my initial point of contact unless they tell me otherwise.

I totally agree ... it should work in a different way. When I give him the opportunity to gain more work through me, he should be dealing with me. It's a matter of respect and professionality to come back to me and not giving the quotes further to the customer. And yes, if he takes the job on he has to take responsibility as any other engineer.

you cant take responsibility for any job involving gas, the name on the paperwork is the other guys and it is his bum on the line for any issues, no matter what you believe. As far as nicking your customers goes, you lost this one and he gained one, part of business,but ultimately he won't get any more from you. if you approach the customer and point out it is your job and you are both doing the work, do you believe the customer will see your side at having to pay for 2 when they have one person happy to do the work. As far as your pricing goes, far to low imho, if you are hacking out floors and removing units it takes time, your idea of 22mm gas runs may well be totally out and need 28mm, so you need to price up to ensure you can afford to do ther job in the first place

Of course you can, obviously any safety issues arising from a bad install will be down to the guy who registers it but for the customer you would be the guy in charge. I work for builders who get me in to do jobs, they are my point of contact. The take responsibility for the whole job in the customers eyes and are the first point of contact for them even if the boiler/system are playing up. They then call me and I go. I wouldn't dream of breaking that trust and relationship and going direct to the customer. Its rude and disrespectful. They make money on my work, do I care? No. I have given them a price I am happy with for the job.

That's the point I was on about.
It doesn't not matter what I earn as long as he gets paid he should not care.
It's definitely a break in trust. It's weird though out of 10 people I had everybody took an advantage and tried doing things like that. It's really hard to find someone honest. Does this word " honesty " exist nowadays ?
I'd be great full if someone gives me jobs without turning my quotes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hardly surprising BG do a lot of power flushes...
Replies
Views
You could try greasing the spindle of the gas...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
Back