Old system playing up | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Old system playing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see where the wires go.

I think the wire from the Programmer goes to red on the flat 3 core. The same one that has a yellow connected to the White from the valve?

If that's correct then the wire should become live when you switch heating on
Yes that powers to 240v when I call for heating and powers down when ch is switched back off

wiring dia for your stat on the inside of the cover ?

With the Heating on and stat turned up, test the red and blue then test the blue and yellow

wiring dia for your stat on the inside of the cover ?

87E9B0CE-47B2-4681-A1AB-43AA7689BA4C.jpeg

turn the power off

move the yellow wire to no 1 terminal (eg red and yellow together)

heating should start

Stat broken.

Power off, put yellow onto red terminal, with red still on there, Power back. You will have linked out the stat till you get a new one.

Yes Honeywell 6360b should sort you out

red in 1
yellow in 3
blue in 2
earth in eath

That one Shaun mentioned is good. Get one of them!

As I know that the rads used to heat a bit when the hot water was on (only hot water) I may still swap out the full valve and fully drain the system,, any inhibitors that you would recommend for my system & netaheat boilers?

Also, the water going into the expansion tank, if this continues after the thermostat change is there anything that this screams out as, as a fault?

As I know that the rads used to heat a bit when the hot water was on (only hot water) I may still swap out the full valve and fully drain the system,, any inhibitors that you would recommend for my system & netaheat boilers?

Also, the water going into the expansion tank, if this continues after the thermostat change is there anything that this screams out as, as a fault?

What's the Heat exchanger made from?
If it's anything other than Aluminium I'd use Fernox.

As far as the Tank goes, check the level first. When it's cold it should have 4 or 5 " of water in it.

How old is this neataheat?
I remember one potterton did years back but there can;t be any of those left alive now!

What's the Heat exchanger made from?
If it's anything other than Aluminium I'd use Fernox.

As far as the Tank goes, check the level first. When it's cold it should have 4 or 5 " of water in it.

Blimey, I’m not sure what it’s made of - I will try and find a model number and look it up.

The expansion tank ball cock works, it doesn’t look like any of th hot water goes into the overflow, it’s like it is taking the water it’s displacing

How old is this neataheat?
I remember one potterton did years back but there can;t be any of those left alive now!

It’s alive!!

When I had a gas pipe removed last year they sniffer tested it and it’s emmisions were better than most combi’s apparently

136D2200-7F80-4640-8FC2-31C5FEA9543A.jpeg

3D93D1D3-C35B-41D8-AA72-F4DAB7254CF2.jpeg

F3670CF8-B7A3-460F-8132-F67ADF440F1C.jpeg

9F037F87-541C-4DAA-ADD8-2D8F7E242706.jpeg

B0409FC8-982B-409E-95D3-FEC48A9802D8.jpeg

DD196F83-D1DA-4488-8F6A-9FBD93D0F810.jpeg

6027BEBE-5A59-44A4-A5BE-714EAE00C20B.jpeg

183416A7-E49B-4CF5-B033-DB855B913ECB.jpeg

01357390-DAE5-4E31-B689-D013C0FB58D4.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
Back