Oldham College Level 3 Part Time | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Oldham College Level 3 Part Time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All - the level 3 part time course at Oldham College has been cancelled due to tutor longterm illness.

Hi All - the level 3 part time course at Oldham College has been cancelled due to tutor longterm illness.
Probable due to stress, took one look at the pupils realised none had done any actual plumbing & thought sod this for a game of soldiers!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I do not know if it is still the case but you could get an adult appreniceship at many colleges where you could do it as self employed as well as employed .
You do need a mentor if you go the self employed route
This was all financed by the goverment my mate did it despite having a degree and having worked as an engineer he started at level 1 !
They did make him do english and maths basic skills too !
He now has a very good business employing people too so it can be done and at very little cost if you look around .

I will check but yes I am pretty sure that was the one .
Look up adult apprenceships I am sure they still do them .
I know he now emplys the best of his group but he did say it was an experience being at college with a bunch of 19 year olds in level 3 !!!!!!

I have just looked and it seems that from last year you have to get a loan to help pay but then you do not have to pay any back until you earn enough so could still be a good deal compared to the rip of training companies ????
Always made me laugh when I paid for my guys to go on courses it was always me that filled the questionaire in when asked what the main aim of the course was !
To bore the pants off me
Then the next question was what was the hardest part of the course !
Staying awake you idiot .
What part of the course needs improving !
Free **** decent coffee and edible sandwiches

think you need an employer to be an apprentice unless you mean you can dot eh 6189 self employed which is possible but more difficult, time consuming and often expensive
loans only at L3 i think?
No age barrier to apprenticeships, doesnt matter how old you are, the government funding will alter though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The answer is no you can't undertake a Level 3...
Replies
Views
J
Yes certain units can be carried over from the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I'm currently doing the level 2 6035 city...
Replies
Views
Stone1991
S
S
My tutors said that Level 3 is a big step up...
Replies
Views
Shayno89
S
A
Glad you did we'll andy and cheers for letting...
Replies
Views
Back