Only one working radiator | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Only one working radiator in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Yes and replace the pump valves as there the type to leak if touched

That's it, I would say pump but without checking the voltage to the pump can't be 1000% sure

Can I suggest before ripping it out disconnect the pump supply and put it on a plug and extension lead to try it. it wouldn't be the first time I've found dodgy switch contacts meaning the pump isn't getting voltage.

Can I suggest before ripping it out disconnect the pump supply and put it on a plug and extension lead to try it. it wouldn't be the first time I've found dodgy switch contacts meaning the pump isn't getting voltage.

But then the display wouldn't light up ?

And op your best having a few plumbers quote

But then the display wouldn't light up ?

And op your best having a few plumbers quote

Basic version: dodgy contacts can cause high resistance. When the pump is off load the voltage is high enough to run the display. When the pump load increases the resistance causes the voltage to drop. LED displays don't need much to run but motors do, hence the 'fault'.

Thems the buggers
pump valves.jpg

Did you check and make sure the system has enough water in it before you rip anything out or a fill valve needs to be turned on system might be just going dry not enough water in it and the boiler will keep going to lock out

Just call your local plumber in I,d say it just needs to be filled and tested maybe a bit of balancing to be done nothing major get to have a look at the old leak on the trv pipework as well I recommend

Whoever wired the pump didn't do a very good job. Might be worth unplugging and checking the connections are tight.

What speed is the pump on? If it's on Autoadapt, try each of the fixed speeds in turn to see what effect it has.

This pic shows it's on Autoadapt.

Page 12 of the attached pdf (below pic) tells you how to change the speed setting. It also explains what the "--" lights mean.

CHRI1111.jpg

Attachments

• Alpha2Insts.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 3

Similar plumbing topics

G
Could be one of a number. Need to know what...
Replies
Views
You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
You seem to have got it sorted, but for future...
Replies
Views
TBSE is good practice! As long as flow is the Top.
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Back