opinions on this | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss opinions on this in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmart

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
462843_1026391610712226_2352370758726723398_o.jpg

Went to this job to do a service for an insurance mob.

Been serviced every year for past 3 years

Guy had attended to fit ntc week before I turned up.

Is that riddor reportable ?

yes i think so but did you turn it off and iso gas?

No, don't think it is classed as a 'reportable' incident but would be classed as a 'non reportable' where the engineer may wish to report this as a complaint.

It's riddor surely, workmanship that can endanger life.

Oh come of it I pt'd it a week ago after changing the ntc sensor..

It's actually missing a clamp and seal to complete the combustion air tubing, the actual exhaust gas side looks complete. Would it be classed as a danger to life. I would ID this but RIDDOR is whole different ball game.

On a serious note I went to one that had been like that in a rental since it was installed (same tenant all the way through) llgsc every year I went to a breakdown as it wouldn't fire due to the inner clamp rotting.

Shocking stuff.

That is definitely riddor reportable though it's an incomplete flue end of

It's actually missing a clamp and seal to complete the combustion air tubing, the actual exhaust gas side looks complete. Would it be classed as a danger to life. I would ID this but RIDDOR is whole different ball game.

Yes, I know what your saying about it being air intake. But in a court of law it's still flue gasses.

Where would the incomplete flue come under RIDDOR regs?

Registered gas engineers (under the Gas Safe Register,) must provide details of any gas appliances or fittings that they consider to be dangerous, to such an extent that people could die, lose consciousness or require hospital treatment. The danger could be due to the design, construction, installation, modification or servicing of that appliance or fitting, which could cause:

an accidental leakage of gas;
incomplete combustion of gas or;
inadequate removal of products of the combustion of gas.
Unsafe gas appliances and fittings should be reported using the online form.

This is what I have been looking at on the HSE website and I am not 100% it would come under RIDDOR

Registered gas engineers (under the Gas Safe Register,) must provide details of any gas appliances or fittings that they consider to be dangerous, to such an extent that people could die, lose consciousness or require hospital treatment. The danger could be due to the design, construction, installation, modification or servicing of that appliance or fitting, which could cause:

an accidental leakage of gas;
incomplete combustion of gas or;
inadequate removal of products of the combustion of gas.
Unsafe gas appliances and fittings should be reported using the online form.

This is what I have been looking at on the HSE website and I am not 100% it would come under RIDDOR

3rd one down "inadequate removal of products of the combustion of gas." and what happens if you dont riddor and it is found later on that it fits riddor context better to be safe than sorry

Dsmart needs to report this and let us know if RIDDOR accept it.

The flue has been modified as part of it has been disregarded.

Should the ally internal perish it will leak POC

Also air for combustion is being taken from an internal unventilated space

Better safe then sorry and by sorry I mean someone dying and your name being on top of the court papers and manslaughter charge

The flue has been modified as part of it has been disregarded.

Should the ally internal perish it will leak POC

Also air for combustion is being taken from an internal unventilated space

Better safe then sorry and by sorry I mean someone dying and your name being on top of the court papers and manslaughter charge

This has been covered by the fact it has been ID'd and capped off.

This has been covered by the fact it has been ID'd and capped off.

but the org installer and the servicing guy have put someone's life at risk, what would happen if the flue corroded and flue gases spilled out through the gap in the air intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I`m looking to hire asap. I feel the heating...
Replies
Views
Yes will also more than likely need...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looks nice and neat good job yea leave the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for asking Lou. After taking 30+...
Replies
Views
Back