organising vans | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss organising vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
vans with no bulkhead and loose stuff in the back are deadly in an accident. mind you the amount of rubbish in front of my bulkhead is probably deadly as well

Last edited:
Just picked up a new van, watch this space as I'll be making it my own soon, have a nice blank canvas to start with anyway!

IMAG0500.jpg

Will be having shallow racking on the left and deep on the right, that's all I have decided at the mo!

stop the press wheres the bag i sent you ?
the bag you sent me houses the bailey lockfast set for fluework thats to good to travel in the van,thats tucked away in the garage,nice and dry,waiting for chimneys the set i have on the van is for dirty work

Just picked up a new van, watch this space as I'll be making it my own soon, have a nice blank canvas to start with anyway!

View attachment 6528

Will be having shallow racking on the left and deep on the right, that's all I have decided at the mo!

Looks like a MWB semi high transit?

I'm looking at the same tomorrow if it is, good size.

It's an '07 LWB Med roof Transit 145. MWB would have suited me better but I picked this up at a bargain price!

ahh, nice, what did you pay for it out of interest and whats the miles. (pm if you like or dont answer at all!)

MWB is a downsize for me, last van was a crafter MWB but still 3.4mtr load. Too big for city use though, but was ideal when we did oil, could fit a 1225 bunded tank, outside oil boiler, cylinder rads, F&E tank etc, plus the sack trucks and a slab to lay for boiler base. Plus everything else, with a false floor underneath for tube, was great.

be glad to have something easier to park etc, supermarket car parks were a nightmare.

I wish I had pictures of that van, the racking was immense all made from aluminium angle. Cost £250 in aluminium and took a few days to do, but worth it. Not sure you'd get much for £250 now though, will check when I get my new van as i'd like to do it that way again. Very light but really strong and it looks proffessional too so good resale value, or take it out and fit it in the next one.

Last edited:
It was just under 4k with the vat etc,It came with nearly a full tank of gas, no petrol though! It needs a couple of tyres soon and discs and pads but that doesn't bother me. It's on 74k.

Would be nice to do it in ally but I'm getting some 18mm black MDF off a mate cheap

Good price, LPG?

Just remember the weight, its surprising how much it all adds up to, then your tools.. probably save £250 in fuel in less than a year!

Look forward to seeing the finished result, how sad... we are all commenting on the insides of each others vans. They are like second homes sometimes though, misses keeps the house tidy, I keep the back of the van tidy, seems fair

Yep, LPG, sick of paying 1.50 a litre for the diesel! I get LPG for around 60p/litre and there are ways of getting it cheaper, plus they cant syphon the tank!

I also like the response of a petrol engine, might add a supercharger and a mappable ecu if I need more power.

I know there will be a bit of weight in the MDF compared to ally but I don't think that it'll cost me an extra £250 a year in fuel!

nothing to do with the thread but just to mention .

did clean my van two weeks ago got most of the staff i dont need and did get about 80miles more out of the full tank . if you all try will realise that 50% of the staff in the van is not need for it

nothing to do with the thread but just to mention .

did clean my van two weeks ago got most of the staff i dont need and did get about 80miles more out of the full tank . if you all try will realise that 50% of the staff in the van is not need for it

How many staff do you keep in the van? do you let them go home at night :D

Mines is a fully racked out LWB Transit and it's like a mobile plumbers merchant/workshop on wheels. I even have a table saw on board. No way could I empty it as I'd end up needing something I've left out. Fuel economy is very poor as I only get 80miles to £20 worth of diesel, but I couldn't downsize to a smaller van, lack of space would drive me nuts.

here's mine, was gonna sweep it out, but can't be arsed...

Attachments

• rubbish-skip.jpg
    rubbish-skip.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 307
Last edited by a moderator:
the bag you sent me houses the bailey lockfast set for fluework thats to good to travel in the van,thats tucked away in the garage,nice and dry,waiting for chimneys the set i have on the van is for dirty work

ok let you off , she just made me another 2 didnt even ask :)

After years of having big vans, I downsized a few years ago. Boy do I regret it.

We bought a brand new car last year, when that's paid off, I'll get a new van.

Here's some photos I took for insurance purposes (to cover my tools). I've since cleaned it up, and carry less stuff, but as you can imagine, the van is packed. The passenger footwell has an old F&E tank full of clips and crap. Behind each seat is more stuff.

Believe it or not, I carry a stock of 15/60 pump, two and three port motorised valve, stats, cable, pipe, and the usual pipe, clips, washers, fittings etc.

I really want a new van badly!!IMG_1550.jpgIMG_1551.jpgIMG_1553.jpgIMG_1560.jpg

I should add, I have a lock up that is stuffed with spares, so if I get a call out, I ask what's up and usually can come prepared.

danny, full marks for perseverence, that must've been murder with so much kit and so little space - had a little peugeot partner that a bit like that inside - was so so pleased when I got meself a transit (and then it blew up)

Spent the last 2 days fitting out the van, will put some pictures up in the plumbers arms (don't really want everybody seeing the contents) when i'm done. No taking the mickey for it being spankingly clean though, i've not done any work in it yet!

Couldnt live with a small van having to loads of gear just to get to what i want. Good to see the missus putting the washing out Danny :wink5: unlike mine whos obsessed with the tumble drier

It's the exclusive section for only the finest of mechanical engineers to relax in. There is a hot tub and large cinema screen, along with bikini wearing barmaids who fan us and feed us grapes straight off the vine. We regularly sit together sipping champagne looking down out nose's at the lower class of internet plumber sniggering at thou unholy ones.

Basically you get a few hundred posts and your in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The old adey ones had the same problems the...
Replies
Views
Physically next to the pump, 22mm pipe goes up...
Replies
Views
Yes I'm basically using it as a programmer to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Put a level on the floor and shim it up level...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Back