pan fitting | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss pan fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone has missed the simple answer here which is taught to every plumber on their courses and that is to plan your room layout based on where the soil pipe is located. the idea of runnning a soil pipe back under the wc stinks in more ways than one. Eithe rmove the wc nearer to the soil pipe or move the soil pipe nearer to the wc . All other options are botches and wil lead to over long runs and blocked sytems in the future. Get back to the simple basics guys and stop trying to overcome a problem that shouldnt be there in the first place. The simple answer for herbert is you shouldnt be doing this and think of the right thing to do!

Lol
What ever you think then old boy

As has been suggested before, what about a macerator?

(And a smaller plunger!!!!)

;)You hate boxing , I hate boxing we all hate boxing . HOWEVER if you ever get a blockage you would be pleased it wasnt under that floor . If you cant /wont change the layout I would think long and hard before putting it under as you have shown . And for that reason Im out;)

well again i can't see any other way to get the soil to the stack without going through the floor to just into the room below then to the stack! i can move the toilet slightly to one side so i dont have to go directly under neath te toilet,, but to get to an outside wall its gotta go under the joist-i wanted to go straight out the wall next to the toilet but there is a plack outside the house derectly beside it.

herbert i have to say i'm with gray on this! there should be no problem doin what you plan with the pan waste. there is a bit of talk above about needin plungers etc but i think its cobblers.
my old man lives in an oldish house which is typical of the style, and as a plumber i've seen loads of others with the same layout....

basically house of a certain age all have low level toilets with a wall hung cistern connecting to the pan via a flush pipe. the pan connector goes 90degrees from the outlet through the floor (just like you are proposing) then straight into another 90degree elbow going out thru the wall and into the stack (again the same as you are proposing...the only difference being the direction of the second 90) if it worked for years as the accepted norm then why will it cause you problems now? (it won't)
my old mans house has a cast iron branch and stack. the stack is 110 but the branch is quite a bit less in diameter. never needed a plunger. if you plan to use 110 soilpipe underfloor for the soil branch (and why wouldn't you??) then there will be no problem clearing the 6ft length you describe.

just don't go putting a brick in the cistern to save water lol:p

KJ

Last edited by a moderator:
oh and about the other wastes passing through the joists be careful! the regs state that any holes must be located in the centre (top to bottom) which isn't going to give you any fall, let alone a self cleansing gradient. therefore the diameter of the holes will need to be larger than that of the pipes, you need to take this into consideration when you decide if the joist depth can support the hole size you need

KJ:cool:

thanks mate.. that puts my mind at rest, its so hrd to make up your mind when your resonably new to the game and get such conflicticng views.

my advice is to box in you can paint or tile over the boxing at the end of the day its a bathroom not an art gallery good luck mate

my advice is to box in you can paint or tile over the boxing at the end of the day its a bathroom not an art gallery good luck mate

It's a bathroom in his house would you like it i know I would not have it

Maybe a silly question but does the WC absolutely have to be there?? a 2" shower waste is easier to route that a 4" soil pipe.

well i completed this job last week and i can say it has worked a treat with no hastle. I i kept everything the same but the basin and shower waste, i lifted the showertray enough to pass the basin waste under it via the shower mixer dry wall enclosure under the tray connect to the shower waste then behind a boxing which runs behind the wc ane wall.You can only see about 12 ines of boxing between the shower and the wc.... Happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun. I didn't want to force it round...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes as above just watch your ods
Replies
Views
Back