Part P, From the horses mouth, info I have obatined | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Part P, From the horses mouth, info I have obatined in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who here actually does their own electrics and what quals do you have and are you registered with Corgi?

i think that the chap you work with has it right, doing his own gas an electrics, he takes full responsibility

page 9: general requirements: M and N ,
showers and cookers not notifiable if no new circuit......

i wonder if the installation of a higher rated (kw) shower or cooker needs notifying? due to the need to ensure cable size and protective devices are correct? im guess it would need to be if the fuse/cb was changed.

for example how many times do you get asked to fit a shower and find they want a 7kw changing for a 10kw. cant remember the number of times i have tried to explain the differences to a customer.

They do need notifying - but that's what electricians are for!

imho

When you say 'they need notifying', who exactly?

in the form of a cert to who ever your registered to ie. corgi, or more likely nicieceeeecececece what ever there called:)

or you can notify to local building control and pay for them to inspect it for a few hundred squids.

in the form of a cert to who ever your registered to ie. corgi, or more likely nicieceeeecececece what ever there called:)

or you can notify to local building control and pay for them to inspect it for a few hundred squids.

if registered with Corgi, complete a cert and and send to them? would there be a cost involved or is it that just the procedure?

im thinking its an anual fee with a small fee if a building compliance cert is required, im not 100%sure. Ask your engineer how he deals with it. Im a qualified sparks but i dont get much electrical work for my private work so currently have no need to notify anything.

im thinking its an anual fee with a small fee if a building compliance cert is required, im not 100%sure. Ask your engineer how he deals with it. Im a qualified sparks but i dont get much electrical work for my private work so currently have no need to notify anything.
my sparks does it online
he's registered with elecsa
pays to be with them and pays a couple of quid when notifying

its a shame i dont get more electrical work really, ive got a grands worth of testing equipment sat in the cubby gathering dust.:(

sell it or get back into it, what about pv ? my sparks just got into it, he's busy even tho payments might be reduced, not mcs yet but gets someone in for £600 which cust pays,

sell it or get back into it, what about pv ? my sparks just got into it, he's busy even tho payments might be reduced, not mcs yet but gets someone in for £600 which cust pays,

Ask him in 2 weeks time if he's busy, I have been installing P.V for the last 3-4 months (with a big gap over Christmas!) and I expect the work to fall right off after March 3rd.

Ask him in 2 weeks time if he's busy, I have been installing P.V for the last 3-4 months (with a big gap over Christmas!) and I expect the work to fall right off after March 3rd.
will do.
thats my birthday !!
:)

got plenty of plumbing going on to be honest, have rewired a couple of houses but not much since then, but better to have the tools ready if the plumbing drys up and work comes along. Im looking to do my solid fuel quals in the next few months as well as i have been seeing more and more interest in this both dry and wet. more feathers in the cap and all that.

i lve in the town where ESSE are made, going to do training there re solid fuel/multifuel. been here over 20 yrs and not done it yet, think its time
as you said its growing market and another feather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No but if it ever blocks down stream likely to...
Replies
Views
Ask the installer to get his supplier to...
Replies
Views
Back