Paying by credit card | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 9 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter MikeF00
  • Start date
  • Replies 245
  • Views 43K

Discuss Paying by credit card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no monthly fee, i only have to pay a small amount for the terminal thats all i will pay nothing more for
the advantage of this its far better

I've had a GPRS terminal for two years provided by cardsave, never had any problems, never had a charge back although there is a cost involved. Debit cards cost 20p and credit cards cost me 1.55%. if a customer pays by credit card I charge the 1.55%

In the process of getting a MPED from Pay yours £9.95 a month with £15 minimum charge for card transactions although the cost per card is higher the reduced rental will save me £££

I've had a GPRS terminal for two years provided by cardsave, never had any problems, never had a charge back although there is a cost involved. Debit cards cost 20p and credit cards cost me 1.55%. if a customer pays by credit card I charge the 1.55%

In the process of getting a MPED from Pay yours £9.95 a month with £15 minimum charge for card transactions although the cost per card is higher the reduced rental will save me £££

Just for your info thought i would let you all know the monthly costs that I currently pay or have been quoted:
Cardsave minimum monthly card transaction fee £25 + £35 rental of the GPRS terminal. (debit cards 20p credit cards 1.55% this is what makes up the £25 min fee)

PAYYOURS minimum monthly card transaction fee £15 + £9.95 rental of chip n pin pad (debit cards 46p credit cards 2.65%)

Dont know about world pay except the card transaction charges are 65p debit cards and 3.3% credit cards

80% of my card payments are debit cards but thats because I mostly do repairs and services

even though mobile.worldpay have the highest card charges if they have, as has been said, no monthly charges they are the cheapest for my business.
can anyone confirm they have no monthly rental or minimum card transaction fee?

I think all they have is a maximum 29,000? yearly card turnover limit.
I don't think there are any minimum transaction limits, but there is a maximum limit of £5,000 on one card.

Just received the email from Dan regarding card machines.
I have a terminal from Cardsave, which I've had for about 8 months and haven't had any problems so far.
I don't use it a great deal but it is useful to have. I'm interested in what some of you are saying about no monthly charge, I'll have to look into this in more detail.
Cheers

Bubblecraft, how do your clients react to a Visa payment on that system, which looks a little clumsy? Are they generally confident, reluctant..?

Never had any doubts from my customers as I have a very trustworthy reputation. Can't see why it looks clumsy. Connected to your phone is the way forward. No humfing big devices with you. Can fit in your wallet!

All these other devices look great & the option to take Maestro @ only 65p charge but require merchant or business bank accounts. My iZettle is registered to my personal bank account.

I'd be interested in the world pay one if I could link it with my personal bank account but remember, this is just a pilot. Wait for the fees to hit later.

In the meantime, I'm happy with iZettle & Paypal for all other cards. Works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
had to charge back an on line butchers once, asked for a delivery of quality pork cuts to make a stock, when it came they had made a right pigs ear of the order! :)

I had a similar problem with a butchers, I was having a party and ordered a load of lamb mince, they were too sheepish with the portions so left me no choice.

Are you finding a lot of clients asking for card payments then? I've not had one single enquiry about paying by card so not sure if this is worth investing in or not.

I'm registered with Payleven (same as iZettle) but they haven't come out with the Android app yet... if I haven't got it by Xmas I'll swap to Bubble's system.

Are you finding a lot of clients asking for card payments then? I've not had one single enquiry about paying by card so not sure if this is worth investing in or not.

I don't get loads but if you advertise the fact that you can, it can be beneficial & there's nothing to invest in as its all free so no harm giving it a try!

Example: I've had customers who have wanted a full bathroom or kitchen fit but have a tight budget. The ability to take credit cards lets them put X amount towards it which will let them have their dream bathroom or kitchen. Ceramic tiles to natural stone, budget suite to elegance range, there old washing machine or a new integrated one etc etc. List goes on. Can heavily increase your profits.

Cardsave the mobile card machine people are now forum sponsors and the forum discount deal that was arranged is now available for everyone. Look out for their ads on the forum pages.

Got my world pay machine through yesterday, shame i can't use it yet as the iphone app isn't out.

Does look like a proper piece of kit though, certainly wouldn't raise any eye brows.

Cardsave the mobile card machine people are now forum sponsors and the forum discount deal that was arranged is now available for everyone. Look out for their ads on the forum pages.

Nice machine, got mine last week, hoping to put it to good use this week :)

Got my Worldpay card terminal on Wednesday, it looks good, very professional.

I've downloaded the app and connected it to my phone, had a bit of a play with it. Seems very simple and easy to use.

I did have problems with the bluetooth connection dropping out, not sure if this is the terminal or my phone.

What phone you got anz? Also what is the app actually called?

Last edited:
It's a HTC One X, you go on the Worldpay mobile site to download the App, it's not in the marketplace.

The card save terminal has a built in SIM, so you don't need to rely on your mobile or download any apps. Plus the built in SIM is made for roaming between networks to automatically get the strongest signal, so it's not reliant on your mobile signal either. Plus there's no Bluetooth connection that can fail either.
I much prefer my dedicated card machine than the app and Bluetooth reliant one you are describing from Worldpay.

If anyone is interested page 49 in the latest gas safe mag advertising worldpay free machine when you sign before end of month no monthly fees

Last edited by a moderator:
True just putting it out there for anyone whos interested. After all no monthly fees and and free unit thats links to your mobile

ideal if you take only a few card payments.

True just putting it out there for anyone whos interested. After all no monthly fees and and free unit thats links to your mobile

ideal if you take only a few card payments.

I'm happy with my cardsave machine, but for people that might be interested jv is it a limited free monthly fee or continuous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
For the job you have described materials are...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m looking for work as a trainee/mate...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
Back