Pipe coupler issue - connecting two male fittings | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipe coupler issue - connecting two male fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
the squeak is how you know there correctly tighten

i normally use wras approved jointing compound which helps stop the fitting squeak

you will soon find how much to tighten compression fittings just takes some practice

Well, rather than using an offcut to connect two fittings closely together, lets say for instance a PRV and an inlet strainer upstream of it, would a female to female equal bush still be sufficient?

Definitely true what they say you learn something new everyday (awesome to learn about those two male edges)

I would use a female threaded prv and line strainer

Male iron prv short nipple strainer male iron

Is this in your home?

In a holiday home abroad where the water pressure is so high that it's ruining kitchen fittings etc. I've already bought my PRV and inlet strainer, but the thing is, due to cold winters, piping is all done in PPR so I want to avoid the use of copper. Sorry this thread has deviated slightly.

Male iron prv short nipple strainer male iron

Thanks but hmm it's tricky for me to understand and visualise. Perhaps a link would help. But would my fittings be adequate?

RELIANCE PREDATOR ADJUSTABLE 1-6 BAR PRESSURE REDUCING VALVE 15MM WITH GUAGE PRV | eBay

Bsp Female to Female Equal Bush ,Bsp Adaptors Connecting Socket Brass Nickel | eBay

IN-LINE Y TYPE STRAINER 15mm Brass Body | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back...
Replies
Views
Thanks for letting us know.
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Where the black polyethelene service line...
Replies
Views
Back