Pipe freezing machine? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipe freezing machine? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone think I will go for the freezemaster when I have saved enough pennies :)

I've had my Arctic electric for around 10 years and it's still going strong. Never needed recharging. Used it today to swap a snapped gate valve from a communal cold water cistern.

Yes that's the machine I've got. Cost me about a grand when I bought it so that's a very good price. Paid for itself very quickly though as we used to do a lot of work for a hotel and there were no iso valves on loads of stuff. It's not good practice to turn off the water to an entire hotel just to change a tap.

why don't iso valves (full bore if necessary) get used everywhere applicable on a large building like a hotel. it's bonkers.

why don't iso valves (full bore if necessary) get used everywhere applicable on a large building like a hotel. it's bonkers.

Mr DIY must learn from the best . See more and more rads with cheap ISo valves on tails or under tiled floors . Always remove them . Agree on larger systems. We got to re route system in old 1910 school next week. Woop woop. Pipework is horrid full drain down and asbestos blokes in first.

The freezemaster is brill. One very important thing, not in the manual. To keep it working you have to unclip the control panel and top up the reservoir underneath with water. Run the system. It bleeds out air. Repeat until reservoir stays full when run. System will work till the end of its life then.

Thanks for the tip croft, does the I freeze master do 10 -28mm pipe work as the artic electric saids it only comes with 15 and 22mm freeze plates? And if not can you buy other sized freeze plates?

The freeze heads are 28 and it comes with plates to reduce down to 15 and 22. I've also got some plates that allow me to freeze 35.

What about 10 and 12mm as lots of heating systems this size and usually have a lovely new white carpet under them so don't fancy doing it live and prefer to freeze where possible to reduce chance of air locks or blockages from draining whole system.

For smaller/odd sizes you wrap the pipe in wet tissue and then clamp the freeze head around. The freeze takes a bit longer but it works.

Freezemaster does 10 12 15 and 22 with the bits to do it in the box you buy. 28mm and above will need a more expensive machine.

I get the machine serviced when it starts to lose performance (approx every 3 years) and it costs me £50. They last longer between servicing if you turn them on a couple of minutes every week rather than letting them stand for long periods. My refrigeration engineer guy says its just a basic refrigeration system like a car aircon so its not particularly complex to service and maintain.

Reminder that Arctic and Freezemaster are the same machine under different badges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Your over thinking this do as I said the...
Replies
Views
Thanks a lot for all your advice!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Very. And I do doubt the “double ice plug” as...
Replies
Views
Think it's 10-54 or 42 mm And yes they do
Replies
Views
Back