Pipe lagging for radiator pipes set in plaster | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipe lagging for radiator pipes set in plaster in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My plumber chased some radiator pipes into my masonry wall and has left it to me to cover up - which I will do with plaster filler.

However - he hasn't put any protective cover on the pipes.

He suggested I get denso tape and wrap it round the copper pipes - but denso tape has a melt point of about 60 degrees celcius - so not really suitable around hot radiator pipes.

Can anyone advise on what type of tape or lagging I need to put around the copper pipes before plastering over?

Thanks in advance.

Waterproof duct tape I use

not sure denso or waterproof duct tape can be used around really hot copper pipes.
how about pipe lagging? Is this for hot radiator pipes?
Economy Pipe Insulation 15mm x 13mm x 1m

not sure denso or waterproof duct tape can be used around really hot copper pipes.
how about pipe lagging? Is this for hot radiator pipes?
Economy Pipe Insulation 15mm x 13mm x 1m

Chase would end up too deep as it's 13+15+13

So that's close to 1 3/4" deep

And I haven't seen it peal when hot

Do you know any thinner alternatives to pipe insulation? and suitable for hot pipes?

Other than 9mm no 10mm pipework your stuck as they don't make insulation for

Not the worst job to just do with sheet of polythene cut into strips of 4" wide and wrapped up like a bandage with double wrap (overlap) and electrical tape to secure the ends. Ordinary dry wall will not do pipes any harm then and it allows slight expansion movement

Not the worst job to just do with sheet of polythene cut into strips of 4" wide and wrapped up like a bandage with double wrap (overlap) and electrical tape to secure the ends. Ordinary dry wall will not do pipes any harm then and it allows slight expansion movement

Won't they sweat ?

Won't they sweat ?

Doesn't seem to do the pipes any harm.
I wouldn't advise anyone doing it that method in a wall that tends to be always damp, but on a wall that is to dry out it just keeps the cement etc from contacting the copper and allows the pipe lengthways expansion movement.
I much prefer pipes inside round conduit where possible though

Depends on the depth but with mimimum cover i would use aluminium foil tape , armaflex do waterproof insulation but i am guessing it would be to thick for this job . cheers kop

Depends on the depth but with mimimum cover i would use aluminium foil tape , armaflex do waterproof insulation but i am guessing it would be to thick for this job . cheers kop

I did a bit of research and armaflex or Reemo do a thin protective insulation tape. Both perform at high temperatures. Not sure if they are suitable for being buried in wet plaster....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074QSDTRM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=APCCEBV4WO30B&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0069R66BA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1QKFATOCKF26&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes there both fine in plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
Why do folk get obsessed with hiding pipes...
Replies
Views
Less chance of leaks when you bend pipes also
Replies
Views
I wouldn't accept responsibility of something...
Replies
Views
Hence the reference to limecrete floors. It's...
Replies
Views
Back