Pipe lay-out for multi zoned Central heating systems | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pipe lay-out for multi zoned Central heating systems in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey does anyone know were I could find some diagrams of a multi-zoned central heating system were the flow and returns go to kind of like a big manifold in say 2inch not far from the boiler. And the flow and returns from the zones come back to this.

Each zone will require its own pipe work from manifold. We can't say where they will run because we don't know where you live.

Consult a local professional as this is not a job for an amateur

Sounds like a Low Loss Header system ? Why /what are you trying to achieve James? what kit have you got ?

Got a system to install like this at work although il be doing it with another more expereinced plumber I wanted to look in to it. The system will have 4 zones each going back to the boiler were they will tee in to the manifold above the boiler with zones valves, I think each circuit is having each own pump too. Can anyone provide me with a link as to what these manifolds are like? Hope that makes more sense now.

It's called a low loss header as Chris pointed out in post 5.

LLH.JPG

It's called a low loss header as Chris pointed out in post 5.

View attachment 10044
I hope you ask them if you could post their picture John? LOL
Here is a link to a company James & they have a very good description as to what they are & how they work. You are right each circuit has it's own pump. Header basics

(The understanding of these now forms part of the Level 3 plumbing syllabus)

Thanks for the link has explained alot. Do the zone valves and pumps go on each circuits primary flow as it leaves the low loss header.

Thanks is it usual to have the filling loop piped in to the system via a composite valve including an expansion valve, pressure gauge and pressure relief valve. On the return of the system close to the boiler? Its just I've heard the pressure relief should be on the flow pipework. Thanks if anyone can clear this up.

You can also speak to the boiler manufactures, they are quite helpful.

Do people still use composition valves then. The expansion vessel and filling loop want to be on the return. But the pressure relief wants to be on the flow close to the boiler. So a composition valve mite not be the best idea.

Last edited:
Do people still use composition valves then. The expansion vessel and filling loop want to be on the return. But the pressure relief wants to be on the flow close to the boiler. So a composition valve mite not be the best idea.
That's the real difference between a trades person & a DIY'er / domestic installer (L2), it is one thing to know what is required to make a sealed system but quite another to know why it may or not, be better to install them individually & where they should be place & for what reason.

where can you get bigger zone valves from? 35mm +
i'v never seen them installed, nor on sale only those mixing valve types (look like 3 ports) but they were only around 1" then the pipe work upped to 2". That was at a college.

where can you get bigger zone valves from? 35mm +
i'v never seen them installed, nor on sale only those mixing valve types (look like 3 ports) but they were only around 1" then the pipe work upped to 2". That was at a college.

Can't really see a use for anything that big in a domestic install? If you need more flow than 28 can offer you should probably be zoning further?

yea that's true actually, i'm not looking or need anything like that i was just wondering.
Thanks for replying.

Honeywell recommend 2 x 22mm in parallel for 35mm pipe (but then they would as they don't make anything larger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
L
Replies
Views
Back