Please advise / shower | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Please advise / shower in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi

Replaced a shower pump and on sat replaced new shower.

All working, looking good.

Today get a call no hot water.

Went there, pump won't kick in in hot. When you turn pump upside down in works but put it back stops again.

Took shower off wall, turned pump off, cold great (tank fed) hot weak - was 3 Ltrs per min now just 2.

I think this issue is the pump not being fed enough hot. I changed the hose as it was twisted a little and pulled the mesh filter out. Still the same.

Not sure what to do, it's weird that in Sat it worked now not.

The shower is a Triton and 0.1 bar ( I was careful to get that right).

Anyone help with this one please?

Thanks

Rct

Air locks, story of my life.

How would you clear it please? I can try before the SOS call.

Depends how its set up Jay....air will collect at any high point so if the flexi's into the pump are bent over it may be there or if the cylinder outlet is straight off the top without a surrey flange, then the pump can draw air down the vent pipe easier than water from the cylinder causing problems that way. No shortage of potentials really.

Upvote 0
Nope, toxic had a look, I explained what I'd done, pump not kicking in on hot but flow when valve off wall.

Took valve off again, he undid elbow on hot and removed the mesh filter that was fully blocked after 1 days use!

Put back together & working fine, pump kicking in, all ok,

I'd have never ever have looked or even knew the elbows screwed off.

Great piece of knowledge gained.

Upvote 0
I thought the watermills come with the flexis detatched and we have to screw the elbow flexis on? also insert the filters , they maybe all come together now

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks for asking Lou. After taking 30+...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi SI......is the shower on the same floor as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This might be of interest...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
Back