Please Help - Central Heating Problem (Inc Video) | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Please Help - Central Heating Problem (Inc Video) in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pedroloco

Hi Folks

A newbie here but was wondering if any of you folks could diagnose my boiler problem. The video shows the issue, seems to happen intermittently when the boiler is firing (only on central heating not water from what i can gather). Our system is a vented system with a hot water cylinder.

Of course if the boiler is at fault i will get a Gas Safe man in but was thinking it could be something to do with the central heating (i.e. air in pipes, faulty pump etc)

Any help would be much appreciated, Cheers guys

youtu.be/xJqo4W7blMc (copy and paste in address bar)

[video=youtube;xJqo4W7blMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJqo4W7blMc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

never seen anything like that before!!
make of boiler? is it fan flued? it sounds proper dodgy. sounds a bit like the fan is knackered and is catching as it tries to spin therefore not getting enough oxygen for combustion.

It looks like a boiler problem. You need to get a gas safe registered engineer in to take a look I'm afraid.

Cheers Doberman for posting vid was having issues

It's an old potterton boiler (think its age of house 1985). Can supply exact model ref if needs be

Interesting about the fan packing up. Why do you think its gas supply Derek? Gas hob seems ok

Will get a boiler man in and post back with results

if it is fan flued i bet the problem is a knackered fan! it will be spinning and catching and not providing enough air flow, the air pressure switch will be confused as one min its satisfied the next its not which will open and close the gas valve. from the noise you can here on the video it sounds like fan but not a 100% i just like to give some input hahaha dont mess with it tho

Just checked the manuel, don't think it does have a fan flue. Mind you might not be obvious

Its a potterton flamingo 20-30

Turns out it might be the gas valve solenoid and as spares are obsolete for this looks like i am saving for a brand new condensing machine with the bonus of upping efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
Were in a similar-ish situation in that our...
Replies
Views
Back