***Please help!!!***thermo static shower cabin water going cold | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ***Please help!!!***thermo static shower cabin water going cold in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone...hoping someone can help with the ongoing issue.

long story short, shower (non electric thermostatic shower) was going cold intermittently.

shower replaced, issue still occured.

boiler serviced (Worcester bosch green star 28i junior) heat exchange plate replaced by bosch engineer, issue still occured.

engineer said that what is happening is the boiler is heating up the water but the flow is not quick enough so the water is backing up causing the boiler to cut out, hence the water going cold...once the boiler regulated the water goes hot again.

can some please advise on how to rectify this problem as weve spent quite a bit of money and are no further along.

boiler is situated in the loft...if we got pipework directly from the boiler to the shower could this resolve the issue?

or do we need a pump to push water through faster?

or is it something else?

the shower model is attached to show you...thank you in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-223013_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190901-223013_eBay.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
not sure if the people who tried to help will still see this but I just thought I'd update you on my progress. so basically today I took the shower head off the hand held shower hose and ran it on hot straight from the hose in the shower itself. good news it stayed hot...so went out and purchased a different shower head that was a non eco version, and a wider shower hose pipe...connected them both and hey presto had a 45 minute shower that stayed warm for the first time in over a year!!! I'm just praying it's not a fluke and it stays like this.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

B
  • Question
Hot water to hot shutting anti scold on shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If the pump is not just a shower pump then you...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
We had a Grant Combi Oil fired boiler and just...
Replies
Views
Derek Adamson
D
N
  • Question
Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.
Replies
Views
Nathalie
N
  • Question
back feeding from your central heating?
Replies
Views
Back