Plumber Being Unreasonable | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumber Being Unreasonable in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Hulahoops,

If someone is so stupid to send you threatening emails...well there's not more to being stupid than doing that.

Ignore the calls, or just tell him all further contact is via email and just keep receiving the emails.
When you think you have enough to go on, go visit the police.

They may have a chat to this person and give him a warning.

I have to say I do not understand the logic of telling all this in public.

This is a general comment of all the posts of this nature where common sense would surely dictate to me, if I was in your position with a service that I wasnt happy with....

Id simply tell all this to trading standards or the merchant bank provider.

I just do not see mileage spilling the beans on here and what you hope to achieve by it, and how it will resolve your position.

You surely know what you need to do and that is take it up with the company and trading standards

You ask 10 different people here and you will get 10 different answers, you havent a clue who is giving the advice and it could be ranging from thick as 2 short planks to intelligent, impartial to partisan to the company's in question best buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think £164 is fair enough to come out in the middle of the night. You also said that they took the deposit before the plumber attended? So I can only assume that they said that it would be £65 call out and x amount per hour or something so to me I would let that drop.

You would have to pay me £200 before I would leave the house at that time of night that's if you could get me to answer the phone.

Seems to me you have spoken to someone during the day and he has given you there normal working hours rate and not out of hours rates which can change dramatically I know I only give out normal hourly rates as my out of hours would change depending on travelling time etc.

As for sending out a person with a keen sense of smell at that time of night you will get who ever is on call or who ever answers there phone, but generally speaking most people will smell drain smells (I am a heavy smoker and still manage to smell drains and usually start gagging).

If you are not happy with what he did when he came out there and from what you said I wouldn't be happy if someone told me or one of my customers to leave a tap on I would be pretty peeved then that is something to bring up and take it through their complaints procedures if they have one.

Or probably the least stressful option is to get someone else in who is recommended to you to have a look. A half decent plumber would be able to find the problem with the smell there or not.

Maybe try and see if someone is local to you on here and they may be able to help you.

Try and keep it professional guys. Whatever hulahoop's reasons for calling the service were she is now asking for our professional help and advice.

Whether we agree whether it merits an out of hours call is neither here nor there but reading this and the previous thread I think the poor girl is at her wits end.

Thank you.

It needs seperating into two issues. The smell and the consumer issue. The consumer issue is not for this forum. The smell issue, well there are plenty of things suggested, but as a tenant you shouldnt be having this chew.

Try and keep it professional guys. Whatever hulahoop's reasons for calling the service were she is now asking for our professional help and advice.

Whether we agree whether it merits an out of hours call is neither here nor there but reading this and the previous thread I think the poor girl is at her wits end.

Thank you.

Perhaps so,

But keeping it profesional works both ways.....no ???
the posters threat of adding private communications to the thread will serve no end also and coupled with the posters view and opinion of being ripped off and misled, and the alleged pending threat of court action by a party may also be libelous.
(If allowing the forum could be held accountable) if the business was proved right and had wind of these potentially defamatory comments ?

I just mention this because that very thing happened with operation yewtree on the UKs most popular ducati forum when I was into them about 18 month ago.
Some pending action at court with some celebrity and some legal defence team stumbled across defamatory banter comments and they were served with a cease and desist notice or the threat of action against forum admin and poster.

Seems to be the way these days with twitter and evertthing else filtering through

Last edited by a moderator:
Damp flanel hanging over overflow , did stop drafts as a kid

Lol! True, but then it is no longer an overflow, as it is now blocked! Then they risk flooding the place, but no smell. :smile:

as a tenant you shouldnt be having this chew.

Personally I think the housing association has treated you badly? As a landlord, they should listen to your concerns and address them or try to address them. For some flats, a Ventilated Stack would have prevented such a ''problem''

Perhaps so,

But keeping it profesional works both ways.....no ???
the posters threat of adding private communications to the thread will serve no end also and coupled with the posters view and opinion of being ripped off and misled, and the alleged pending threat of court action by a party may also be libelous.
(If allowing the forum could be held accountable) if the business was proved right and had wind of these potentially defamatory comments ?

I just mention this because that very thing happened with operation yewtree on the UKs most popular ducati forum when I was into them about 18 month ago.
Some pending action at court with some celebrity and some legal defence team stumbled across defamatory banter comments and they were served with a cease and desist notice or the threat of action against forum admin and poster.

Seems to be the way these days with twitter and evertthing else filtering through

Fair point well made Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Did the op get an invoice before payment ?
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Oh dear, welcome to the forum, I will move...
Replies
Views
S
hi! I'll try to upload a picture but the pipe...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back