Plumber ? ..... Cowboy ? ...... Con-man | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumber ? ..... Cowboy ? ...... Con-man in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome: to the forum Billy Bunter :)

One thing you're missing is water!!! You have two open ends there that would be fleeing out water if they were attached to anything. It looks like there may have been a valve in-between the connections your picture shows though :)

Sorry only my first post

My Dad is 87, in ill health and only partial hearing. My mum is 84, and racked with arthritis.

They had an intermittent teardrop leak on the "out" compression nut of a chrome in-line issolator valve on the 15mm hot water feed into the copper cylinder

A guy turned-up claiming to be a plumbing engineer ..... my dad showed him the leaking compression nut on the chrome issolator valve

The guy said the leak was dangerous and could flood the house ..... and that he would have to go and get copper pipe and plumbing fittings to repair the leak.

The guy went away ..... It was nearly 2 hours before he returned

15 minutes later he said the job was done ....... this guy charged my aged parents £ 286.20 for the repair

the photo below shows how the guy left the repair.

P1080766.jpg

All's I can see is "part" of a new 15mm gate valve = £286

Am I missing something ? or have they been ripped off !!

Last edited by a moderator:
what was the original question?

never mind he's posted again

Ripped off royally. What a git. Did they get a receipt?

heavens i wouldn't have been anywhere near that. your parents have been taken advantage of.

Good job it wasn't my parent or he would have his own problems. Best advice to you would be to get his contact details and shame he into a refund.

Get your parents to ring him and ask him to do some more work, he's trapped then! I am so angry after reading your post!

I'd ask him back to repair the leak he's left behind, there's water on the connection above the pump :) Maybe invite rogue traders along too !!!

Even Dick Turpin wore a sodding mask!!!

I have just looked again and I think it's at least £200 of a rip off!!!

The new gate valve shouldn't be fitted horizontally like it is.

think a call to different adress is req here to track him down sure the cowboy will have all previous jobs like this one crossed of a return list good look matey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A...
Replies
Views
The MJ3 Charger on my Mainsboost system has...
Replies
Views
Hey there, My organisation - the CIPD - is...
Replies
Views
M
Get another engineer in
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back