Plumber ? ..... Cowboy ? ...... Con-man | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumber ? ..... Cowboy ? ...... Con-man in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a word YES!

If he did all that in 15 minutes then he should be in the Guinness book of World Records!

As you've seen first hand, with limited knowledge of plumbing (I assume, apologies if otherwise) you have managed to isolate all water & drain a small amount to be able to remove the valve! That at most took 5-10 minutes!

I'm sorry for your loss.

I hope you get this resolved quickly!!

I've got 4 gate valves in the van, I could make an easy 1200 quid.

Get him back and get a refund. Look up the Sale of Goods Act especially the part about goods being "Fit for Purpose".

“Jessie James” has sent me a written response from Dodge City …… to the explain his rip-off £286 bill

He states he had to do the following work

He had to drain down the central heating system ??????

He had to Cut out the faulty valve and pipework ??????

He had to travel to a merchants to get materials he required for my Mum and Dad’s job…… He states and lists “inline gate valve “ , “couplers “ ? , “pipework” ? and “fittings” ?

He returned … and replaced the “ pipework “ ? and gate valve

He the refilled the central heating system and vented all radiators …. He removed all the air locks and made sure all radiators were hot.

He the had to rebalance the hot water system

He states that ……… All this was explained to your Father

Is he taking the P-ss ??????????

Did you manage to contact Jesse by email?

If yes that suggests he is computer savvy enough at least to look at this thread.

If he has a web site it would look very well on this thread (not for him, for you, our old friend Karma).

Save the reply I think that by lying to you he may have opened the door to allow you to at least get a hearing in the small claims court
presuming you are executor / administrator of your Father's estate.

These type of cases are usually hard to win because it's very often one persons word against another, Jesse appears to have given you
leverage by claiming to have carried out work that he clearly did not, in fact he may have opened the door for the Police because he may
have admitted to fraud.

Going these routes may mean employing a heating engineer to confirm what you already know.

I am not a Solicitor but I do think Jesse will have to show where he cut the pipework and the new parts he fitted

surprised he hasn't tried to charge for painting that new pipework he has supposedly fitted!

this guy wants a bullet..

Jessie James :cowboy: said " He had to drain down the central heating system ?????? "

Edit723.jpg

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy: R A W H I D E Opening Theme - YouTube

doesn't look like that drain has been used in years, looks like there's dust inside the spout.

Makes you wonder how many times Jesse has gotten away with this in the past. Doesn't do gas as well does he?

i bloody hope not!

sorry for language but justified imho

Last edited by a moderator:
You appear to have him 'bang to rights'.

So I guess the question is now, what happens next?

Ripped off royally. What a *******. Did they get a receipt?

This is the hand written invoice that Jessie gave to my Dad

803EDIT.jpg

Materials = £31.50 +VAT for only part of a 15mm Gate Valve

The scribble written inside the RED line says ....... " inc OAP Discount "

Talk about rubbing your face in it :censored:

Yeah, £1 discount. What a gent.

£69 an hour+VAT is fine (much more than I charge) but fine, as long as you work diligently.

£31+VAT for a 15mm gate valve is crazy!!

I know a lot of people will have a problem with his rate, I don't have a problem with a rate of £69.00 but if you're going to charge top money then you should give a top service. This guy has clearly not done that.

It could have been done in the first hour, and the part even with a good markup should be no more than a tenner. So you'd then be looking at £79.00 +VAT. Bit of a difference.

£69 an hour is quite a lot, but people and companies charge that and more. The fact he has charged 3 hours for what appears to be very little work is shocking. Also the materials cost if all that was replaced was a 15mm isolator.

i personally think the labour rate is excessive but have no issues with material mark up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A...
Replies
Views
The MJ3 Charger on my Mainsboost system has...
Replies
Views
Hey there, My organisation - the CIPD - is...
Replies
Views
M
Get another engineer in
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back