Plumber who did not fit boiler flue correctly found guilty slaughter | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumber who did not fit boiler flue correctly found guilty slaughter in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there should be alot more responsability put on the manufacturers to produce safe products, we all find time and time again badly designed appliances. One example was a warm air unit I came across today, once fitted there is no way to test the burner connection I made, tightness test would only test up to solanoid and couldn't see connection once burner was on, let alone spray with LDF, same for the pilot tube comming out of the gas valve. This tube could have been designed to come out of the gas valve in a different place so you can check for leaks. This is just one of a number of examples I have come across. If one of these connections was leaking and caused an explosion I would be at fault.

A more well known case was of the engineer that did a bp but not a gas rate on a lfe fire, had the wrong injector fitted to it so it produced carbon monoxide, he got away with it as he had tested wp/bp but he had to go to court. Why wasn't the manufacturer held to acount?
As always everything seems to be down to us!

The chap was fitting a new boiler i thought, why would he have made any attempt to by-pass the aps? I dont believe it.

I read an article in "the sun", the headline was something like "rogue plumber found guilty", abit harsh considering he had been doing the job for 20 years and this was his first mistake, if thats the right word...?

kirk would probably have done something similar,my 2 tutors who i go back two every few years on re sits are both ex bg and tell me once upon a time they would look at pre launch boilers to see if they were easy to work,well designed on etc and manufacturers would alter the design doubt this happens now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Edit: delete my comment
Replies
Views
Hi We suggest you get a qualified plumber in...
Replies
Views
R
I dont know whether you ever got to the bottom...
Replies
Views
P
I faxed everything i had to the HSE and to the...
Replies
Views
POWDERPUFF
P
S
that is a posibility i hadnt considered but...
Replies
Views
Back