Plumbers Mate Opportunities?? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumbers Mate Opportunities?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

damowilson

I have just completed night college studying City & Guilds Level 2 plumbing & technical certificate. I have been to skills solution in manchester and passed my my bpec tests and I am on the books with them who wll help me get my nvq 2. Over the year I have been on the course I think I may have phoned every local plumber selling myself to try and get on while I achieve my NVQ 2. To which I have had no success, I've offered to work for free to help achieve this goal but this hasn't helped in the matter either. I have my cscs card, a full clean driving licence, I know with my age that Im too old for apprenticeships, but I am willing to live on little money to help achieve my nvq 2. Even if no 1 is able to help, I could do with a gas engineer to let me tag along while I start my gas foundation course, I'm told I dont have to be on public liability insurance and its ll just photographic evidence, same with my nvq 2 its all worked based. Ive studied and worked hard not to give up now. I would start my own business doing bathroom installs, general plumbing, but been on such a low wage now I can't afford a van or tools to set up my business, and hoping to do a rain water harvesting course in September. I really do hope someone can give me the break I need as I think I have tried every avenue I can to no success. I'd appreciate any advise or opportunities anyone can offer me. Ideally Id like a wage as I have my own house and a daughter to support but willing to comprise on money for any nvq 2 opportunities I can

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be in your shoe's this time next year, no doubt posting a similar thread, just hope things improve. 'Good Luck' hope you find something ..

just keep applying and don't lose faith and look at every option available to you, that's all I can suggest John.

Good luck to you all
But the industry is inundated with people trying to get in to plumbing

Manchester's a big ol' place. You can't have contacted every plumber surely? Maybe widen the scope a bit? One of the benefits of living in a big city. I live in a small town so when I wrote to over 100 plumbers (in quite a wide radius) that really was it. Still only got 1 reply. Many months after sending the letter too. In the end my best break came by chance from offering to pay for work on gumtree. Was contacted by someone who was impressed by that level of keeness (well, desperation.) He didn't want paying either. You could try that. Even if it's 20 quid a day (or part thereof.) I've heard hanging round merchants and approaching people is an idea - but I did it once, was rudely rejected and didn't fancy it again. It felt like asking a girl to dance when you're 15, the walk of shame back after being told "no way, ewwww."

try your local council thats what i did ive done my level 2 and 3 nvq's and now doing my gas portfolio, but sadly to say its all unpaid.

big companies i.e the council dont take on unpaid trainees they wouldn't touch you because of insurance and health and safety issues

if I cant get into plumbing then I'll just advertise for straight swap bathroom installs, rain water harvesting, gutters,servicing work, new outside taps, stuff like that, just be nice to get the plumbing side too, but who knows?

it be rain water harvesting course, its one day I think, bout 150 ish, but college not to sure yet

if I cant get into plumbing then I'll just advertise for straight swap bathroom installs, rain water harvesting, gutters,servicing work, new outside taps, stuff like that, just be nice to get the plumbing side too, but who knows?

You know that stuff is actually considered plumbing...

lol yeah its just the bottom end stuff that doesnt need nvq 2 or gas safe lol. I'll do anything I need too so its all good haha

if you cant get into plumbing you'll just become a plumber instead ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
Hello thanks for your post and joining the...
Replies
Views
O
  • Article
Any experience with Optima Electrical Training...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
Back