Plumbers Mate Opportunities?? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumbers Mate Opportunities?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if i cant persue my career onto gas I'll just plumb.... is that better for you??

trust me they are running the course, they dont know exactly when, I only finished last week and asked, and was told to ring august time to find out for certain when they have had there presentation on it, and course will be available

this wont get you a jib card, its not recognized as the full plumbing qual

I know it wont, thats why Im on here trying to find any advise I can or ideas on how to get on with a time served plumber to do my nvq 2 on site with them, so I have the full city & guilds level 2 and nvq 2 in plumbing and then start on level 3

i cant do level 3 as yet coz I havent got my level 2 which i need so badly! I only got part qualification in the city n guilds level 2. the tutors are top guys, if i ever get my nvq 2 and go onto 3 then I defo be at tameside again

yeah my mate on the course, he's just done this and nvq 2 this year and starts his level 3 in sept, it is long but worth it in the long run

i cant do level 3 as yet coz I havent got my level 2 which i need so badly! I only got part qualification in the city n guilds level 2. the tutors are top guys, if i ever get my nvq 2 and go onto 3 then I defo be at tameside again

arrrhhhh - you have a tech cert level 2 (C&G's could mean tech cert or NVQ)

you dont need nvq2 to do the tech cert 3

i could start gas foundation till I got my actual NVQ 2 but then its still trying to find a employer to do that with as well lol

still need to be on site with someone that has right qualifications in order for me to get my photographic evidence etc same with my nvq 2. its all dead ends at the minute

Fuzzy what's the minimum you need to become gas safe registered? Because I've noticed you don't have to have Level 3 NVQ. And in which case, why do people do it at all?

still need to be on site with someone that has right qualifications in order for me to get my photographic evidence etc same with my nvq 2. its all dead ends at the minute

no you dont for the foundation course. think you may be getting mixed up with the acs, that you need evidence for

Fuzzy what's the minimum you need to become gas safe registered? Because I've noticed you don't have to have Level 3 NVQ. And in which case, why do people do it at all?

you dont need any previous quals to do your acs. you need your acs to become gas safe qualified

so anyone, with no experience in plumbing or gas, could take their acs, call themselves gas safe registered and start chucking in combis?

so anyone, with no experience in plumbing or gas, could take their acs, call themselves gas safe registered and start chucking in combis?

you cannot take it first time without experience, but you dont need quals. the amount of experience required depends on your level/type of quals you have.

cat 1 - previous gas qual
cat 2 - nvq 2 in plumbing or related trade
cat 3 - no qual

you wanna do acs straight you can, as a cat 3, but the amount of experience required is more than cat 2, in short its 240 days for cat 3 and 140 days for cat 2, this is used as a guide only

As in you have to be able to prove you've had 240 days experience working around gas? Like a letter from a previous employer or something?

bit more than that mate, need to record all the jobs and have it signed by the registered installer who you did the work with, thats then provided as evidence and held on record, if its bluffed you could end up in a lot of trouble, especially the person who signs it

but since you wouldn't have been gas safe during that period you wouldn't have personally been doing any of the gas work yourself, you would have just been shadowing someone. so they'd just want proof from the guy you were shadowing that you were there on the jobs? or would you have to prove you did more than just shadow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
Hello thanks for your post and joining the...
Replies
Views
O
  • Article
Any experience with Optima Electrical Training...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
Back