plumbers mate wanted | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 6 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss plumbers mate wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
adults should have an income to be able to fund it, where as school leavers dont, that's the way the government will see it

trouble is most adults who are changing careers like me do so because of redundancy / unemployment. I used my money to re-train and get the basics i.e. level 2 cert and NVQ but then cash ran out. Associated costs are living costs which is the support you need from the government. I last entered the trade in 1995 and I completed the ET training whilst on increased benefits which I would gladly work for now. Three years is a long time to support yourself for food mortghage bills life clothes etc.

Made redundant, went to job centre same day I was told before even going home, said I wanted to retrain for something else, said they can't help me. you want a job (full time, no problem anything else forget it). Looking for work spending large amounts of money instead of spending it on training. Looking for part time while studying and they told me to run and jump.

i done apprenticeship at 27 - full funding for course no help towards my wages for employer

now im an employer i see the best of both worlds and the worst

some 16 yr olds are ultra keen some are dire

most lads over the age of 25 want to work and get somewhere.

but there are bad eggs in all of the age groups.

i can normally tell on the first day whether they are up to much

boy i know is half way through his 1st year of apprenticeship at 22, this is a full SVQ3(NVQ down south) apprenticeship so they are not exclusive to school leavers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, looking to gain experience as a...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for someone to work with me on a...
Replies
Views
hello Mick Thank you for your message. Please...
Replies
Views
Eddy varela
E
Hi. I am based in Essex and always looking for...
Replies
Views
Back