Plumbers no longer required | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumbers no longer required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
went up to Nig Bay, instrument pipefitting,

Chasing the money and the new experience:wink:

Did you never work in Sullom Voe? Just about everyone i knew had a stint of the pints of whyte and mckay and filipino cleaners and the dry out clinic:rolleyes2:

The wife wouldn't let me go there because her da did it???

Just a thought,
I am 47 years old and is it wrong that I only want to work 40-50 hours a week?
For this I expect to earn a living wage, by this I mean about £30K per year ish.

I would like to think I am good at this job but I also like to strike a happy balance between my work and social life.
I know I could work 17 hours a day and earn more but I don't want too.

Whats going on with this country that I feel I have to work all hours God sends just to justify myself and stop myself being made redundant by a 20 years old foreign import?

I was until recently self employed but due to lack of regular work I have now taken a job with a national company working social housing.
Even now I have just been told they are changing our core hours from 8-5 to 8-8 and it is counted as a minor change to the contract and there is nothing we can do about it except walk.

Thats an extra 15 hours a week? (we already work over the contracted hours).

I don't want to work myself into an early grave and I think my wage is fair as I earn the company far more but does this make me lazy?

Im beginning to wonder if its me.

It is not you Armourer. It is the corporation culture. So much for the working hours directive!

Chasing the money and the new experience:wink:

Did you never work in Sullom Voe??[/QUOTE

Yeh,wild days,work hard and play just as hard
With WImpy me&c
At weekends it was like vagas,the concert room in the camp ,holding about 3000 contractors,had top acts on,when it was your round and went to bar you did not buy pints or halfs ,you bought cases of beer and bottles of booze to stick on the table,if the table was still in one piece
There was small rooms all around with big poker games going on,thousands on the tables along with some of the female cleaners or catering staff
Used to fly out on Dan air,single Prop,one guy was stopped from boarding one time ,as been on booze and magic mushrooms,as the Plane started the engines,he ran out straight into the impeller.had to disembark ,not a pritty sight

So think miss's right not to let you go,I was free and single at the time

But you worked long hours,in some bad conditions and were paid well

Seems another life time now

Last edited by a moderator:
Just about every local tradesman i knew had a stint up there. Plumbers joiners painters plasterers everyone. I was desperate to get out for the cash but she wouldn't let me go. Young kid at the time and also her da came back with the dt's. One guy i knew would never fly again after the trips on the single props. Had to get tanked up before he got on.
Crazy stuff. Maybe just as well she stopped me!

Am I the only one who would like to meet "Mr plumber" Charlie Mullins and let him know just how much damage he is doing to the industry? He's not got a clue with the real world, he thinks only about his precious "Laaandaaan...". I'm pig sick of reading about how he would "sort this" and "change that" within the game. When was the last time he had to turn off a single mothers gas supply to the boiler because the last trumpet ruined the seals on her boiler? Or have to explain that you cant sellotape the air vents like we used to in the old days cos "there's a hell of a draught" to an old age pensioner? It's gits like him who make money off the back of hard working guys like us who take all this flack and now he's bleating on about how the work ethic is not there in British workers???
Id like two minutes worth of hoofing him in the danglies... If only there was someone who could fix it for me... If there was a god surely he could get in touch.. Dear Jim.........

Last edited:
I once had a look at a certain social media website where Mr Mullins regularly posts, read two of his comments and was almost sick in my mouth, I'd really like to swear at this point!!!

Anyway, back to the start of this thread my old grandad used to say 'only dirty people wash' well it made me laugh!

Ah well, aw you smelly Weegies didny take baths anyway. Get intae water saving business, you'll aw be experts at it!
LOL
Nay luxuries like baths in oor hoose, no even got running watter, we have to wait till it rains & pull off the downpipe. I better go & get washed before the rain goes awf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes I totally agree. I'm convinced this has...
2 3
Replies
Views
Evening all, I'm on the prowl for a plumbers...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
It’s Friday night and I’m having a drink...
Replies
Views
Back