Plumbing design for horse washing station... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumbing design for horse washing station... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
dead leg? I have done a rough sketch. The dilema is if i do it off mains with instantanious heating, I have a cat 5 back flow to get round. At The moment the cold tank already supplies cat 5 protection. stables 1.jpg

main issue is to prevent water being to hot when it gets to horse, they dont like it and only means of informing the owner is hooves or teeth.

Will go through Thermostatic valve. What type of horses do you have..? This is for a stud farm, probably just need cold for the stalions although that could be anti productive. ..

I've kept horses and the temperature should be tepid at best. They love it cold in the hot weather.

Still think you should go with the simpler option.

main issue is to prevent water being to hot when it gets to horse, they dont like it and only means of informing the owner is hooves or teeth.

Agreed, I did suggest a thermostatic mixer is installed in an earlier post. This needs to be tepid, not hot!

I've got a similar project to do soon. Replace instantaneous LPG water heaters with a more reliable set up to feed 5 wash bays for horses. Was thinking of 2 open vent cylinders, both with 2 immersions each. Thermostatic mixing valve a with tank fed cold (obviously) and pump the outlet to the 5 bays. Need to work out some calcs for sizing of cisterns and cylinders though.

Dead leg is a length of pipe with no return route. In other words, you will have to draw off a significant amount of water that is in the 50m of pipe before you reach the heated water in the cylinder.

ae235 (1).jpgae235 (2).jpgae235.jpgHere's another idea.

Showerking Eccotemp CEL5 Portable LPG Propane Gas Tankless Shower 10kW | NoLinkingToThis

Thanks seen those tankless showers, are they any good. Saw a post of somone changing system form this to a more reliable one.!Have to wash 5 horses every day. How long would the gas last, Don't want to be changing tank every 2 weeks. Any one use these before

I don't personally have any experience of this unit....but seems a very fair price. You could have more than one cylinder, fitted with a change over kit.

Ive owned horses for years and the last thing Id want in any yard is propane cylinders and heaters like that! my insurers wouldnt be very happy either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably all off one main hence your problem...
Replies
Views
C
Like my system except a longer feed pipe??
Replies
Views
Back