Plumbing fittings on van | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumbing fittings on van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

I'm going to spend some cash and buy some fitting to be kept in van.

Any suggestions as to what you use most for domestic jobs?

Do t want to waste my cash with things that'll sit there for years!

Thanks

Rocket

Not exactly fitting buts always always have clips! If you dont clip the surface work it looks horrid, pipes rub under the floor and bounce when the boards get hopped on.

Copper mix of
a few hep fittings
some mechanical fittings 1 1/2, 1 1/4
inhibitor
a filling loop
a bunch of washers and gaskets
plasterboard fixings
A roll of leaded solder & turnpin to get you out the poo sometimes
A mix of caps, plugs, stop ends

A handfull of slip couplings of 15,22 and 28.
Metric to imperial endfeed fittings.
couple of soldered air vents for coils and top of systems, saves so many headaches.

Extra roll of solder and flux. Thats a pain!

Spare gas bottle. All depends on what you are going to be doing and how close you are to the merchants.

Try to remember what you use most from your usual work load . I only really do gas, so it's dependant on the work you do.

3amp fuses
13amp plugs
Business cards
plenty of dust sheets
spare U gauge because it will go a bollock when you least expect it.
a few microbore fittings

if you know what you want? send me a list and i may be able to make a fittings pack up for you for a cheap price. Im trying to downsize the amount of stuff i carry and make some room in my shed.

i currently carry almost everything you could need to do a full heating, gas carcus, bathroom suit, fire,cooker, wire a heating/circuit etc......

its to much really but i do tend to forget stuff when im at the merchants :(

if you know what you want? send me a list and i may be able to make a fittings pack up for you for a cheap price. Im trying to downsize the amount of stuff i carry and make some room in my shed.

i currently carry almost everything you could need to do a full heating, gas carcus, bathroom suit, fire,cooker, wire a heating/circuit etc......

its to much really but i do tend to forget stuff when im at the merchants :(

I'm exactly the same, I've have to make lists. And panic when I've only got ten of something left.

Fluid master syphon, brass ended inlet valve, dudley inlet valve, both side and bottom entry, fluidmaster flapper, full bore iso valves 15 and 22, ballofix 15mm and full bore ones, various 32mm waste fittings and 40mm fitting, various 32mm waste and 40mm waste, a few 110 multikwik fittings, every (I think) end feed and compression and pushfit fitting in both 22 and 15. TRV and rad valves, fibre washers, o rings kit, tap washer kit, tap glands, cheap ones from screwfix, they fit most taps....... cuddly toy for throwing.

A black and white cat. They get lost under the floorboards more than any other.

One of each type of rad valve with the drain off attached. You can nick the inserts from them if they don't seal. Sometimes have weird size washers in them!

You could go on forever.
Best off just stocking consumables like gas flux solder glue silicone and so on. Obviously 15 and 22 fittings.

Beyond that if you are working local don't go mad with stock until your business takes off and by then you will have a better idea of the kinds of work you regularly get asked to do and stock accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ha easier said than done cutting back to...
Replies
Views
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, hope this is okay to post. Just over...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would just ask them. Yes a bridge mixer is...
Replies
Views
Back