plumbing & heating | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss plumbing & heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Seriously thinking about binning this game to much hassle in this business now making me wonder is it worth it. The money just don't seem be a good payer now I seem to attract endless bottom feeders that want something for nothing. Had my blow torch stolen other day by a tennant who claims innocence. My insurance company are taking the pish so changed to axa,work blowing hot and cold,got a nice big tax bill to pay to boot and faulty van, when did this game become so carp?

Not a good time for you, and not trying to hijack the thread more add to it:
If you were to change career what would you do? To the rest of us lets try to keep it realistic

Been thinking about getting out of this for while now as this game is not what it was to many tossers involved , believe it or not been fancying buying a chip shop lol

Money doesnt seem to be in it anymore. As you said people seem to want everything for peanuts.

If i had some capital id go into property development.

Sometimes i day dream about being a van or truck driver. plodding along listening to the radio all day

Been thinking about getting out of this for while now as this game is not what it was to many tossers involved , believe it or not been fancying buying a chip shop lol

Friend of mine who is a BT engineer bought a chippy, he loves it, making a fortune as it's opposite a pub.

Long distance lorry driver

If I still had my youth then I'd seriously consider going into the outdoor activity training business.

Got offered a food van today, guaranteed £400 profit per week, often it's more, but he wants 16k which covers van and last 3 months rent

Friend of mine who is a BT engineer bought a chippy, he loves it, making a fortune as it's opposite a pub.

Funny as I know someone who was a sparks who earned solid wedge who left his job bought a hippie and reckons it's a goldmine ,bought a large house nice car and plenty of holidays all courtesy of selling the spud

This thread is making me hungry....plan B would be something to do with timber. The rare times we get real timber to work with are my favourite.

Got offered a food van today, guaranteed £400 profit per week, often it's more, but he wants 16k which covers van and last 3 months rent

Your down the road from me right?
where is the spot you're renting?

this area the kiosk owners tend to be like a mafia.
About to sit down and have a cuppa tea with a few of the owners in a minute!

Long distance lorry driver

If I still had my youth then I'd seriously consider going into the outdoor activity training business.

My brother inlaw does that, it's not brilliant money but.... He lives on a mountain in Scotland with some beautiful scenery, bed and board paid by his employer, has just spent 3 months climbing in Vietnam, came back for a week jumped on yacht and sailed to Portugal for a week!

he is also one of the supervisors for these rich kids that travel the world trying to raise money for different charity's again he gets paid anddoesn't spend anything

hospitality businesses are worse than plumbing as your stuck with shyty custards for upto 2 weeks at a time!!!!!!!!!!! talking fm experience here and its 24 hours a day. As for property development the banks and brown scuppered that for the time being. Being in the service and repairs sector is fine by me as you are always needed and if they dont like your prices they can look elsewhere on a friday afternoon if they want, once they have paid for my first hour :)

My brother inlaw does that, it's not brilliant money but.... He lives on a mountain in Scotland with some beautiful scenery, bed and board paid by his employer, has just spent 3 months climbing in Vietnam, came back for a week jumped on yacht and sailed to Portugal for a week!

he is also one of the supervisors for these rich kids that travel the world trying to raise money for different charity's again he gets paid anddoesn't spend anything

I think I could cry! I had the opportunity about 25 years ago!

I could've been rich instead of mildly wealthy!

Your down the road from me right?
where is the spot you're renting?

this area the kiosk owners tend to be like a mafia.
About to sit down and have a cuppa tea with a few of the owners in a minute!
Wouldn't say down the road, about hours drive I think.
its in Borehamwood the spot. If I had the dough I'd buy it and stick the missus in it, she's a chef by trade. Always good way to spread business, it's got a lot of pedestrian traffic

When i eventually retire hopefully late 50's I'd like to get into farming free range chickens for eggs and meat.

Some random bloke offered you a burger van for 16K with promises of untold riches?

Did he also have any magic beans? :ciappa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No, I believe you absolutely. My own problem...
Replies
Views
Back