plumbing & heating | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss plumbing & heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would leave this job tomorrow and my ideal occupation to go in to, ............. Gigolo , get in !!!!

That's why I moved to transco. On the books pays ok and not slogging it out fighting for jobs. Easy work and I'm quite enjoying it at the no.
Secure job too

That's why I moved to transco. On the books pays ok and not slogging it out fighting for jobs. Easy work and I'm quite enjoying it at the no.
Secure job too

How did you get in with transco mate?

Try a subby first doing perge and relights or re runs. Money ok and they get u met 1

I went in with CCN1 and all appliances. Obviously appliances don't matter here,they put you through everything you need including MET4,ESP and all sorts of SHEA Gas.
I had no experience with meters although had MET1,we don't do an awful lot of metering now,just the emergency stuff like snapped test points etc. And that is only best endeavour as the supplier has a contract with us and if I don't have a meter then I pass it back after making safe. ETM's I normally back heel straight away too. Purge and relights normally follow after a mains replacement with is subbied out. Companies such as Gas LTD have contracts for this and their engineers move across when jobs are available. We do some purges but only after emergency work after a leaking service had been relaid or similar,or out if hours if the customer has been at work.
Id say I'm on about 38k on the books which is fine by me for a secure job,not much strenuous activity. The downside (there always is) is the shift work and ridiculous calls at 3 in the morn which we obv have to attend. The shifts work for me as I see more of the bairns on the late shift.
Hope this helps.

@jefaz That's quality mate, did you just look on their website??

No his probation officer set him up with it during rehab. Has sever reaction to coming into contact with red and white stripes.

i did mate. As you can probably imagine they aren't loads of jobs,it's more right place right time I suppose.

They trading under a different name now? It's Northern Gas Networks round here

I could go part time rnli mechanic for that money but how would the Mrs survive on 20K a yr?

My brother gets 30k as a response plumber without gas with a pension and all that. 37 hours a week

I know a plumber who works for nhs doing jobbing work basic £25 k but with call out Rota and overtime gets well over 30k no gas either. Tells me it's a doddle van supplied along with all tools 6weeks holiday and pension

Makes you wonder how these gas companies get away with paying carp

I work for northern copper collective. We basically scour houses for any derivative of copper .

£12 to 18 is normal for gas fitter up Norf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No, I believe you absolutely. My own problem...
Replies
Views
Back