Plumbing maintenance work only | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Plumbing maintenance work only in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Maintenance work can actually be quite skilful. It is much harder to undo someone else's work and repair it usually.
I find people who have had a nightmare of a plumbing job often regard me as a professional (however right or wrong that is! :smile:) when they get me as the final person to try and work miracles. It is very nice sometimes to enlighten people for the first time to properly explain all the faults and how it should be done.

Some interesting replies.

I have been in my current job 12months doing 95% maintenance and I have learnt so much. More in the last 12 months than the previous 3 years combined.

You do learn so much from doing maintenance work I think. It shows you how others do work (good or bad) and what materials. It also teaches you the lifespan of materials and which to avoid.
Although variable, it can however be a lazy type of work. Going to fix a push button toilet just isn't going to raise a sweat

Last edited:
not enough call for plumbing installs and maintenance down here to earn a living
yer, its just a pop down to the nearest arkwrights for a new galv pail n tin bath.lol

95% of my work is maintenance and inspection reports for claims through a couple of national and local co/s (not cp12's) but some servicing. but you take what you can get while the sun shines.

You do learn so much from doing maintenance work I think. It shows you how others do work (good or bad) and what materials. It also teaches you the lifespan of materials and which to avoid.
Although variable, it can however be a lazy type of work. Going to fix a push button toilet just isn't going to raise a sweat

You're right, some weeks I'm exhausted because of the driving and long hours. Not the actual work I do.

last job today on way home, replace fill spout (the plastic bit the water pours out off) on a torbec silent fill. 10mins £40 sorted.lol

Similar plumbing topics

My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is...
Replies
Views
Hi RPM, Gasway were the first company i...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ha easier said than done cutting back to...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
Back