Positive Pressure / Negative Pressure Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Positive Pressure / Negative Pressure Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skaly

What is the best way to define a Positive and Negative Pressure Boiler.

www.gas-news.co.uk/cleanup/HSE_PPB.pdf

list of positive pressure boilers

Blow air in or blow fumes out --- ? Older boilers would draw air in from outside and 'blow' in into the burner chamber hence forming a positive pressure on the cas seals! Modern boilers blow fumes out causing a suction within the burner chamber :)

Last edited by a moderator:
positive pressure more dangerous as probs with seals can be pushed back into the room

So negative is when the fan is sucking poc from the chamber and creating a negative pressure inside, How is it classed with the pre mix burner as in the HE boilers are they positive ?

So negative is when the fan is sucking poc from the chamber and creating a negative pressure inside, How is it classed with the pre mix burner as in the HE boilers are they positive ?
Technically new premix burners are positive pressure, but not in the conventional sense. The fan is not putting the case under positive pressure.

I'd class pre mix burners as mini forced draught burners, negative pressure is still on the inner case and seals though so it's negative yeh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
  • Question
How is the pump primed??, some pumps have a...
Replies
Views
Guage might not read the system pressure eg...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back