poterton boiler fault | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss poterton boiler fault in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
got called out to a potterton performa 24 combi. "contantly on" if timer and all stats turned dow the boiler is still fired up and running. narrowed it don to a micro switch on the front of the diverter valve . it was permanently calling for heat, anybody know where I can get these? it was wired in to a plug with 14 wires (some to pump etc) in the pcs and cant be disconnected from what I see, so is this a block connector job when I get a new one? also after around 40 mins the boilers stars going on and off, when I switch the heating on this problem still occurs, any ideas? thanks

Gas apliance spares, Google it they're mail order. The boilers probably clicking on and of because it's reaching temp, and the boiler thinks it's in hot water mode.

I get it now leo , me switching the heating on will do nothing right? because its giving the hot water the priority?

I get it now leo , me switching the heating on will do nothing right? because its giving the hot water the priority?

Yes,the hw switch is making giving it priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Its a very ingenious but devilishly cunning...
Replies
Views
Physically next to the pump, 22mm pipe goes up...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back